Have you ever used Uber? and have you ever been a driver for Uber?

Just signed up.

Anybody have any opinions on Uber?

• I've used uber before
  • I've been an Uber driver before
  • I've not used uber before
1mo Just went in for a free inspection. Got to repair my car which will cost me almost $500 :(
1mo Repaint*

Most Helpful Girl

• I've used them a few times. They're very common in the city. I've also had friends who were Uber drivers. For them it's an easy way to make decent money, but competitive since there are lots of other drivers.

Customers and drivers rate each other. Uber expects it's drivers to have at least a 4.8 rating (if I'm not mistaken). They have surge pricing, which drivers like, but which customers hate because it can appear at the most random times.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lolol!!! I use to do it. It's what you make of it. It's a lot of driving for low fares unless you drive weekends mostly at bars or for events.

Other than that... most your trips will be around $4 to $6 and that's maybe. Lowest fare, depending what city is $3.

And this is per 20min sometime. You have to drive to your destination free (which is time consuming considering traffic). Then you pick up your PAX and begin your trip.

I use to make $6000 with lyft and Uber but you will be driving for 12hr+. To see results like this.

How much did you make just with uber?

LOL Well keep in mind that my friend is not a math-oriented person and his number-crunching really isn't to be relied upon. LOL His is a struggling artist and that's why he is doing the Uber driving for now. So his $100 in 7 hours that he claims might not be accurate. It actually might be less time than that. He normally drives during surges.

@ArrowheadSW haha yeah I know what you mean. It's all in how you drive really. It truly varies. Surges, distance and hours.
      Thanks for sharing the Uber experience though lol.

What Girls Said 20

• I had Dated someone in New York City who was a Uber Driver, @Toad1.
    He made a lot of Money and Loved it, he was His own Boss, and even in the Winter when the Weather was Bad, he stayed Home and just Live Off the Fruits of his Pretty good Profits.
    However, I do Know there are Certain stipulations. One has to make Sure His or Her car is Newer and not a "Rent a Wreck," it Has to be a Certain Year, dear.
    Good luck and Great opportunity. xx

Great!! You have the Perfect car then, and even 500 bucks is not bad for More Money, which u will easily make back.
      Wha tis nice, you do not have to go through all of that Processing to get this job. xx

@Toad-1, feel free to say "Hello."xx

• Used Uber three times now. Each time it was a pleasant experience. The car was neat, the driver kind and the service was excellent. I have had to wait 7 minutes max for Ubers. My only complaint is the fact that the drivers didn't have change when I paid cash. Sometimes it's hard to have the exact amount of money. I've lost money this way.

• A friend was almost raped driving for Uber. Someone called an Uber for a friend and put their friend into the Uber after a night at the bar, and the guy didn't know what was going on and thought my friend was taking him to have sex.

I can't do Uber because my car isn't in my name. Aside from my earlier comment, it's *supposed* to be very safe, because it's all done with credit card. That way everyone is on file, driver and passenger. If anyone is flagged unsafe, they're bared from using the app, based on the user profile associated with the card.

• I've used it A LOT when I was in China & whenever I'm in Southern Europe because it's a good way to avoid being scammed 😂
    I've loved it most in Australia & Korea though because the drivers would even offer you snacks and stuff & talk to you a lot. They're not quite that friendly in Europe, as I find, but still it's a good way to save you some money because it's always a little cheaper than the regular taxi.

• Maybe 3 or 4 times, I only use them to go to the airport because by luggage is so heavy and I can't go up and down in the stairs of the Metro station (although I get lots of help from men when they see me struggle with my luggage, I <3 Men haha!).

• Nope and nope. I know of it, I know a friend who's interested in doing it for some money. But she hasn't gotten around to it

• I've never used uber before. One day maybe. I've also never used a taxi.

• I've used UBER a few times. Lyft too. I like them both.

• Uber is amazing!! The drive home has actually been better than the night out a few times

• Once, for free. My guy was a 30 yr old named Tim who drives uber and lyft so his wife and him can pay off their mortgage

• Haven't had a chance to try it.

• Yeah I use uber a lot.

• My friend swears by them.

• Nah it's not legal in my city yet!

• My brother used it for us once or twice

• Nah never tried it but I heard it's good.

• Only used it once

• I use Grab. Uber policy and way of using some how trouble me.

• I've used it before.

• Only once

What Guys Said 26

• I used it a few times when I was visiting Austin, TX this past spring. All my drivers were cool as hell, had some good conversations. I would definitely consider doing it if I wasn't working full time. Just be careful out there, maybe avoid the late night drunk crowd so you don't end up with some belligerent idiot trying to fight or throwing up in your backseat, haha. Other than that, go get money👍 FYI: if you're still thinking about unemployment, be careful with your earnings. In Mass, you're allowed to make a certain small amount a week with part time work but if you go over it, you don't get your unemployment benefits that week☝️

• i use uber. i prefer it to cabs. the cars are cleaner, driver's are usually friendlier, and it is great that you can order the car to your house or location rather than standing on the corner hoping to flag down a cab.

additionally the prices are comparable if not cheaper in most cases

• https://youtu.be/xoMgnJDXd3k

I have no need for any kind of taxi service or cars in general, I get to where I need to go on foot and the things I need I get delivered. I rarely step foot in a car these days

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

• That's the Spirit! See, you can work for yourself, keep looking for other gigs man, what Target gave you was total bullshit and totally unfair!

• A good friend of mine drives for Uber in a large metro area because he is in between jobs and needs the money. It is NOT the big bucks, LOL, but he drives until he makes $100 in a day and from what I gather it usually takes him about 7 hours. He works in the morning and then again in the evening during the more peak times. He likes it but he of course is working on getting back into his main job.

• I use it regularly as I don't own a car here in Brazil.

From a customer's perspective, I consider the service great, at least most of the time.

I've also looked into driving for them (I'd borrow a car). It used to pay better here. Now you have to put in a lot of hours to make ends meet, but it's still a flexible activity that allows you to keep looking for a more traditional job.

I'd do it if I wasn't working for GirlsAskGuys. 😉

• It's okay. It's invariably some Persian dude in a Toyota Corolla or Honda Accord.

Some have been really good drivers, another one literally didn't know left from right and so tried to go the wrong way, and ran two red lights.

• I never used Uber but do wish they would they could accept medical insurance such as Medicare, Medicaid to cover trip cost maybe with a co-payment cause i would use it. They are getting Uber in the county i live in just recently but they would be hell lot better than Freedom Transportation in where i live.

• Great service, but as a driver, it sucks. Wanted to make extra money and you just wind up driving drunken college kids between bars, or back to home at like 7 bucks a ride. Not worth it. Didn't like drunks in my nice car and no money in it, gotta work all night for pennies. I stopped driving after a couple outings. And their commercial is totally misleading.

• No, I prefer a taxi with a proper insurance.

• If you factor in depreciation on your car plus your time... you don't make much at the end. The numbers are illusive

Say you worked at walmart and didn't uber people... that's better

Ehhh still I need something while I'm not working

Def use it on holidays and stuff. Keep an eye for the rates. The fluctuate often.. Like on Christmas you can earn a lot

Gotta have a car that's good (very) on gas, and is somewhat of a beater. It ain't a slam dunk you'll make good money.

• Lol no I don't trust them anyway.

• Why does everybody use Uber? Lyft is so much better and you can tip the driver on the app!

• I've used it as a customer. Spoke to the driver one day about business and he said he'd been doing it for two years and has made a full time job out of it

very nice. did the person mention any drawbacks to it?

Did this guy confirm anything that Kapakani says?

If he did it, it could be true but where I live the minimum fare is $8
      So if you get in the car and drive 2 yards it's $8 but the driver only makes $5 out of the 8 because a portion of your income goes back to the company.
      But he's right about the times and places. Bar and club nights would be the ideal places to hang around because you'll get customers for sure.
      During the day. Hang around airports/train stations etc.
      If you live in a city it works. If you don't. It's probably less viable.

• Used it for my first trip. And guess what. It was 20 bucks off for my first ride. paid 5 or 6 something

• nope, never used it

• Can't say that I have.

• I dont even know what it is.

• nope, never used it

• I use uber all the time

• Never used it but I've heard the most terrifying (allegedly true) horror stories about it.

• i drive myself everywhere

• Uber? Am not sure what an uber is. It means no, meh.

• Naw I'd be to embarrassed plus I got my own car

• I've used hitch and it's better

• I wouldn't use a Uber for 3 resions A there drivers are not required to have a Comercial drivers license witch is scary b there drivers don't need Comercial drivers incurance so if you where injured In a at fault accident there incurance would only pay out what ever there personal liability amount is after there cost are removed and C at least where I live taxi driver have to go through a very good back ground check and Uber drivers dont