What do you think of Trumps Five-Point Plan For Ethics Reform?

His five point plan for ethics reform ends at 2:40 of the video, so you don't have to watch after that if you don't want to. I personally agree with his plan for ethics reform, what about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I will Take Anything he says, I like All that He says, as long as it is Not anything to do with Another Obama Train Wreck.
    Good luck and Wear red tonite. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• it's literally the most reasonable thing he's proposed. however i wonder why the lobbying rules only apply to former members of congress and not lobbyists overall. that seems awfully convenient to not ruffle feathers of the NRA and other powerful lobbying groups that trump has aligned with.

however i think the issue of term limits while a noble one is short sighted. the idea is to get rid of career politicians. i get that. however many states have already tried term limits on state legislators and the results haven't been as we'd hope. lobbyists often have more influence as they can really get to new candidates running for office offering them huge sums of money for their campaign. it also has led to less qualified representatives with good representatives being pushed out. and it also didn't lead to the diversity that people hoped. the resumes of reps in those states after limits were imposed were similar to resumes of reps prior to the limits so you still sort of have career politicians. i favor a grading system for representatives and if reps get a failing grade then we consider limiting their term.

i appreciate any proposed changes to the system. and i think steps 2-5 address part of the problem. i think 1 is a little more complicated and requires a more thorough solution. getting rid of term limits helps on the surface but in actual practice hasn't been very effective

Well he did also say that he's going to be closing that gap on what's considered a lobbyist and getting rid of any loop holes. So things like advisors and such will fall under the lobbyist category.

True I agree but there's more he's going to do, this is just the main 5 points he wants to hone in on for the reform.

again i think it's one of the most salient things trump has brought to the table.

agreed.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 18

• This is a great idea and anyone who disagrees with this is simply looking for reasons not to like Trump.

• I completely support future overlord Trump and his new xenophobic regime. He will cleanse this country.

Ok what is with people thinking it's xenophobic to not want to have special interests groups and foreign nations influencing our goverment elections?

because future Tyrant Trump has businesses outside of the US.

• I don't know why anyone would oppose to this... unless they're corrupt themselves, or plan to be in the future xD
    Will Congress pass all this? I don't know, too much corrupt in there.

I think he can get it done.

Let's hope he doesn't commit suicide from to bullets in the back of the head... you know :/

Nah he wears body armor its why he looks bigger, and the secret service love him, unlike Hillary they actually want to protect him.

• I disagree with everything trump says as a matter of principle.

He's a politician. He says so himself. Not only that he's a CEO politician. If there was ever a more untrustworthy combination it would be a lawyer CEO. Everything he says is for personal gain. He'll seriously destroy the country.

• This is our only chance as Citizens to get this done, if you care about this country put aside the nonsense in the media for for a second. One of the best ideas ever and no politician will ever bring this up. I know Trump is bad but if he can do this one thing of imposing Term Limits on congress then we can really help put an end to corruption.

If he can do that it will go down in history as the single greatest step toward putting and end to corruption in washington.

• No opinion, I didn't watch the video and I'd cut off my own legs before voting for that racist, sexist, clueless POS parasite.

Lol well then your only showing blindness and ignorance if your refuse to look at the evidence.

• I agree with everything he said on ethics reform. It won't solve all the problems, but it is a good start.

Yeah it's a step in the right direction.

And you know what the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

• I think all these anti-xenophobes can move to 3rd world shit holes and bend over for the jihadist f@gs if they love them so much.
    And every Trump plan is golden, That's why the slimy establishment elites hate him so much,

true if he wasn't a threat to them then they wouldn't bother with him in the first place.

That and having a brain and researching etc.

Clinton will bring Putin to the table and try some of her tough 'negotionating' with him, But he will pull his cock out and wave it at her before going back to bombing the living hell outta anybody he wants.
      And Iran will go back to building their nuclear weapon as soon as the time limit is up, Andthey will have plenty of money to do it with :/

• Ethics reform? Reminds me a bit of moral hygiene ideals from fascism.

So you think that foreign nations and special interests from over seas should be able to influence elections, give candidates money and back them up? and that former politicians and there staff should be able to lobby for any candidate running? less then 5 years after they've left politics.

Where did i say that i opposed it? I neither agree or disagree, American politics is not my business.

Well it was kind of in original opinion lol and I didn't see you were a foreigner.

• Considering he left corporate lobbyists alone...

We have done far more damage by corporate lobbyists than by foreign ones

Yet people like the koch brothers will still be able to walk all over the American people

He'll get to them to, one piece at a time.

Better then leaving things the way they are right? at least it's a step in the right direction and something that are next president won't be able to undo since Trump won't be using an executive order to put it in affect.

• What do you think of Soviet 5 year plans

• I'm all for it.

• He is sick.

So you think we should have foreign nations and foreign special interests helping presidential and governmental candidates into office and raising money for them.

I think the world stage is ever more global and far reaching. Such regulations are ineffectual hot air ment to clog up a system

Wow, do I have to now Unfollow you? @Emre_ xx

• I can't understand him

I guess it's easier to understand the Lies Clinton spews. xx

@Paris13 Yeah, i don't want a candidate that makes
      fun of disabled people , degrades women, could be a
      possible pedophile , how would you like Trump to send
      you back to Egypt dear?

• 2|1
  • Shouls Trump really be talking about ETHICS?

At least he has a concept of them, I can't say the same for Hillary.

Of course she does

Should*

And no, he doesn't

• Point 4.

Glad to see our country is filled with a bunch of xenophobes...

What he's talking about is actually giving government more total power. Something Republicans hate but he said it in a less direct way so his fans don't know what he really said.

So you think it's xenophobic to have foreign nations and foreign special interests groups influencing our presidential and goverment elections and for them to not only back up candidates but also give them money. Seriously lol?

You only got two comments in before throwing profanities; the only thing left you could do? I was expecting at least a little more of an intellectual debate before you threw in the towel.

Yeah I was expecting someone with common sense but I guess we're both disappointed.

And I'm not here to debate if you want that go somewhere else.

• Having not thought about them much, they seem like good steps (though unlikely to pass) but I reserve judgement to change my mind if I read better analysis.

i think he talks about it more on his last speech he did before the debate you can also find it on his website to.