When I redeem my points and order something from Amazon, what's a good excuse to give my parents?

I can't tell my parents that I get gift cards courtesy of this site and need a good excuse of where I got a gift card or why I need the key to the mail box (and then I will just hide whatever I order from them.) I am expecting a Led Zeppelin t-shirt tomorrow or the day after.

Usually after I redeem points and order something, I track it online and intercept it before my parents find it. I usually do this by saying I am expecting something in the mail from my school and need the key to the mailbox. I'm running out of excuses and I can't tell my parents about this site. Not just because the fact that I have an account here is the skeleton in my closet but also because my mom will invade my privacy more than she already does.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell them that random guys on the internet buy you things.

... and that, coincidentally, you're running low on underwear and need some new pairs.

😂😂😂 yeah, no, on second thought don't do that.

@redeyemindtricks hahaha been watching much OITNB 😂

@Wonderer89 ah, no, the whole "selling 'well worn' clothes" thing has been around since before there was even an internet. The internet just made it much **more** of a thing.

I have noticed an uptick in random mentions of it these days -- if it was mentioned on oitnb, that's probably why. I don't really keep up with TV shows much... but might have to check that one out lol

Most Helpful Girl

• You're 19! You shouldn't have to get ur parents permission for getting mail! You're an adult and if they try to invade your privacy you can tell them that. Remind them that you are now an adult and they have NO RIGHT to look into your private life. If they asked why just say your getting mail. As simple as that. If they ask what it is tell them the truth. As I already said if they continue to ask questions or ask for your passwords to sites you may use like facebook for example, just tell em to f*** off because you are an adult and they cannot constantly harass you about your private life.

What Guys Said 12

• say you were checking the mail just because

wear the t-shirt under your own t-shirt and walk past them

• I have three sugesstions

1. Have it delivered to the post office and pick it up there. Only problem is they will have to give you a pink ticket to claim it by mail to go to the post office which might be a problem since your mom is so snooping.

2. Get a Post office box. Have all mail sent there. However that costs $25 a year to do. But if you want your privacy it might be worth it.

3. Have it delievered to a friends house. With their permission of course.

As far as if they ask about it, just say it was from the internship, School, or maybe even you won a contest of some sort. You're an adult they really should be respecting your privacy.

• Do you use bing?
    http://www.bing.com/rewards/dashboard
    They offer five dollar amazon giftcards for points,
    I've found that with thirty searches a day you can get 20 dollars in four months

• Tell them when they get the t-shirt that you met led zeppelin online and they gave you a free t-shirt.

10/10 they won't think it's bullshit.

• I have the same problem. i have no job and i keep buying stuff online and my parents know, they are getting suspicious.

• why not have stuff shipped to a friends?

• Tell them you won a gift card in a raffle at school

• À gift from your friend.

• A friend gave it to you maybe?

• Tell them you won the T-shirt or something from somewhere

• Why is owning a gift card or buying something online unusual?

Sorry if I'm missing something here.

I don't have a paying job they're going to wonder where I got the money.

Seems too easy to make up how you got the money.
      "Oh I helped my friend with some nonsense"

• Why do you have to avoid telling them you use a website?

What Girls Said 16

• tell them that you get rewards for giving your opinion to strangers on the internet.

(i kid, i kid!)

are you in school? working?
    maybe it could be that you've won a weekly raffle wherever and this is your prize.

that's the best i've got for now; @snowangle's idea is pretty brilliant though.

That's a good idea. I have an unpaid internship at an online newspaper and they give you gift cards if you have the most shares for that week.

plot twist: you respond to editorial pieces. therefore, you still technically are compensated for giving your opinions to total strangers on the internet. :)

see, i knew it wasn't that far of a reach lol.

• Say you bought it with your own money? Maybe next time, have it delivered to a friend's address so you don't need to intercept it.

• Maybe it is Best to Get your own Mail Box at the Post Office, if you can afford the fee every 3-6 months, @ginny_weasley. Or have anything Shipped to a Friend's house.
    However, with these Points, for I have Thousands I Can Cash in on, You can Only do this every 30 days anyways, if this is Helpful.
    Good luck. xx

Hmmm, yes, moms are worse if they know You have a diary.:((xx

Good morning to you to! Yes, my mom read my diary when I was a kid and I never kept one again.

lol Wow, my mom too and believe me, I had some fast talking and crying to do. YIKES!! xx

• Your mum sounds like a realllllll piece of work. I think i said that on the last q you posted anyways. You should ship it to a friends nextime. Tell her you won something off a site or if you have a job say you saved some money to buy it! :) good luck

• Just tell them you answered some on line polls and got it for that. I he them all the time. but at age 19 why do you have to explain how or where u spent $20?

• "School stuff"

• Just say you've won some kind of internet- or school contest & the price was a gift card?

• Have you had a birthday recently? You could say the gift card was a gift from a friend.

Why can't you say you bought it? Would hey think it's frivolous or something?

No, my birthday was in June. I could say it was a really late gift. They would just wonder where I got the money and I don't want to tell them about this site.

You could say you didn't think of anything to use it on until now

True that's a good idea. Thanks.

• I agree with Theodorable ('-' ) also mention that most of them are dirty sex deviants, Honesty is the best policy and all that

• You could get it shipped to a local Amazon locker. So it doesn't come directly to your house.

• Tell them you got money in the bank from writing articles online

• Just say your friend orders you something or it's your friends

• Can't you say you ordered it from a website and had a friend pay for it for you using their card?

• A late or early birthday present from a friend?

• wait, how did you get gift cards? i want some!

• Why couldn't you tell your parents about this site?

They'll invade my privacy more than they already do.

Well that is sad. The only way to get any peace from that is move out on your own.