Are blunt people secretly just assholes?

Ok I mean I get people tell the truth, but whenever someone goes out of their way to let you know their blunt I already assume they are assholes like I just don't see the point in being very blunt all the time, like if you ask me a question about something I'm going to give my honest opinion. Like when someone goes out of their way to say they are blunt I just assume they are the asshole type.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is a more Diplomatic way to go About it. And even though I am a Straight Shoter, I don't go Poking someone in the Eye just to make them Cry.
    Many people have not found the Secret Here, dear, they just Choose to Be.. Rude and Crude, Make no Bloody Bones about it.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• It's either to disguise their lies, or to give you some warning since being brutally honest is not always socially acceptable.

Gee, why do you say that?

@Daynada I heard people get called ugly and i would say the person is an asshole if they just say it to the person directly

Agreed

What Girls Said 5

• I'm incredibly blunt and a total asshole. I never want someone to question where I'm coming from, and I expect the same from the people around me. Sometimes it takes an asshole's view on something to figure out how to proceed.

PREACH 😭😭😭😭👏👏👏👑

@IvoirianGirl20 I'm not uneducated why because I use bruh and slang I'm not uneducated at all

@IvoirianGirl20 and what's proper talk

• I find blunt people to be honest and trustworthy rather than people who pretend to be nice and lie while hating you and talking behind your back.

THANK YOU!!

That's not what I meant at all lol, like I mean some blunt people are just assholes who try to use being blunt as an excuse

• i'm blunt, but i can be an @sshole too. i generally like to keep things calm, and i'll give my opinion on things, but when you push me too far i become a total @sshole. for example, this guy kept hitting on me and he often tried to grab me at work. i told him the politest way possible that i wasn't interested. then one day i snapped and told him flat "that he would never get any p*ssy from me in this life or the next." so yes, i can be blunt and an @sshole.

Lol why did you tell him that was he ugly

No. He was old enough to be my father, and he was a sleeve who hit on every girl that walked by. He was gross about it too.

• I'm blunt 💯 Call me a bitch, an asshole, whatever you want

I mean why tho it doesn't surprise me a lot of black women are blunt

@Asker No we aren't. That's the answer of a typical Black American 😂😂😂

Well you certainly arn't acting any different honestly.

• I think a lot of them just don't realize that sometimes they can hurt people by telling the truth.

No because I tell the truth and i wouldn't say I'm blunt I just state a factual opinion but I wouldn't say I just say things bluntly like you have control over how you say things

Like seriously all you have to do is tell the the truth. If a person was ugly and blunt person came around they would usually just blurt out that that person is ugly you don't have to do that but if they asked you if they were ugly all you have to do is say no your not attractive to me or something you ain't got to sugar coat a thing

But people do get called an ass for saying someone's ugly whether they asked or not

What Guys Said 3

• I would say that that's typically the defense of most assholes -- I was just telling the truth!

Yeah I was thinking the same exact thing

• You are correct. Being truthful to serve the cause of Truth is not a virtue. It's often treated as a virtue by people who want to disguise their desire to harm others.

So you have also witnessed this so I'm not alone.

Do you find that blunt people are usually being assholes

About half the time, I guess. Sometimes a situation calls for it but mostly it doesn't.

• I'm blunt.
    Wouldn't say I'm an asshole.

Well very blunt people are usually assholes that's why they always say I'm very blunt so don't get mad lmao

I've never met a person who has used that as an excuse.

They do all the time I'm not the only one who thinks so there is one other guy here who said that they use it as an excuse