I just spent all night at the hospital and its been decided I'm going to do something called a Partial hospital program, anyone know what to expect?

Its like a day program, 8-3 for two weeks.
I can't leave without a therapist.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was thirteen I did a program like that at a mental hospital. It shouldn't be too awful. You'll learn that other people have just as big, if not worse, problems than you do.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 18

• Is it an inpatient program?
    I was in inpatient in several clinics for treatment of my anorexia and it was total hell. They would take all/most of my personal belongings away, especially phones & laptops and pretty much anything that lets you communicate with anyone outside the clinic. If I wouldn't eat they'd lock me up in a room or tie me to the bed and tube feed me & I'd only get my personal stuff as I'd make "progress". I wasn't even allowed to go outside for the first month or so at all & then this girl in the room next to mine passed away and they told us she had "gone home" but everyone knew they were lying because it had been so obvious that there was no saving her. The worst for me were the group sessions and the sessions with my parents there, because they try to force intimate details out of you in front of people that you are absolutely not comfortable with - although group sessions got better once I was used to them.
    I'd imagine it's probably a lot different if you're treated for depression or suicidal tendencies (although both still applied to me, too, as I was there), you might not be treated, quite as much like a seriously crazy person as you would if you were anorexic.

Not inpatient, I drive there in the mornings there and and leave at three, its a step below.
      I hope that girl found peace

It sounds good I might check it out when I have time

And of course, don't forget about "Good Omens", where Gaiman and Terry Pratchett teamed up to write a classic.

• I haven't, but I think from what I know of you that this is a step in the right direction. Good luck.

• I can't tell you what to expect, but I'm happy to hear you're ok. I hope you know how incredibly good it is that you're being so proactive and taking care of yourself!

• I've only been fully inpatient, for two weeks. I didn't like the feeling of being locked up (even though it was so easy to escape that we would joke about it), so that's a definite plus for what you're doing.

What I found most helpful about the experience was probably the sense of camaraderie that came from being with other people who were suffering just as bad as I was.

• That's great news. I really hope it helps you , I'm sure you'll benefit by it. Keep us updated. I'd love to hear how you're doing. Good luck 💗

I hope so too, maybe I might actually get better

I can't put into words how much I admire you. This programme may just be what you need for extra support. In the past whenever I've left gag, I've often wondered how you are , so I hope this programme helps you make great progress. I'm sure it will though

• I don't know how that works but I hope that it helps you feel a bit better soon ❤️❤️

• that's good man. Be open and honest. It should help you and give you a plan to use going forward after the 2 weeks.

• I've never heard of it, but I'm glad that you've taken this step. I truly hope that this helps put you on a positive path. Keep us posted if you can. I'm happy for you dude! Best of luck.

• It'll be good for you. I hope it helps. you'll meet some nice people

• I don't know, but I hope it works

• I hope this helps for you and I'm glad you are getting the help.
    This is the first time I have ever heard about it.

• I've gone to one before. Twice. It was OK.

• I genuinely don't know what you should expect but no matter what, stick to this program. They gave you this opportunity for a reason and I'm sure it'll help you immensely

• I don't, but i assume it's for your depression?

• I didn't know... I'm sorry. 😞Get well soon! Sending hugs your way 😊

• It should be helpful.

• I don't know to be honest... Just remember that these people are here to help you.

• Uh... why are you doing it?

What Guys Said 1

• Good move, and good luck with it.