How tall are you and how do you FEEL about it?

There have been plenty of height questions on G@G but I am still curious. A) To know in general and B) Because everyone seems to have mixed feelings about how tall they are. And I wanna know whatcha feel and why.

So how tall are you and how do you feel about being as tall as you are?

by the way I'm 5'2" and I kinda like it because people assume they can mess with me. Lol. But then again things are hard to reach so...

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 61

• 5'10"

I guess height for men is like boobs are for girls, only there's no easy and relatively quick and safe surgery for guys to increase their height (they're sort of just stuck with life's dice roll).

I have some good looking guy friends that are over 6' tall. It's a strange dynamic, because I'm older and less the social group, but they're taller. There are moments where I wish I was taller. I guess we all wish we were "ER." Better, smarter, wealthier, prettier, etc. Oh well.

What I regret the most is putting stress on my bone plates as I was growing up. One of my dad's friends was bipolar and went on medication. He then gave my dad a full set of professional chrome free weights. It literally almost completely filled up the basement. That was my dad's mistake for taking them (that's his cryptonite, he can't say "no" to free shit).

At 16, I started lifting, almost religiously. I fell in love with my own body. Everyone (including my parents) thought I was on steroids. What I didn't realize is that all that stress on the bones hindered my bone development. You can always work out and get big after you're 25. But you can't do anything to get taller after 25.

I didn't have anyone like an older brother to tell me that or stress that to me as a kid. So, now I'm stuck with my short 5'10" self.

• I'm 6'2" (188cm). It's a convenient height to be. Except for small cars and airplane lavatories, it's not so tall as to be inconvenient. In the USA where I live, I'm in the 94th percentile for height, so I'm taller than the vast majority of people. I like that, but what's weird about it is… when someone is taller than me, I REALLY notice it. An important aspect of height for a lot of people seems to be compatibility with a partner. In that regard, I think women who are about my height are very attractive, but, of course, it's also cool to hug a lover who can rest her head on my chest.

• I am 5' 9". The average height for an adult Caucasian male is 5' 9.7". I have had two girls refuse to date me because I am shorter than them and I think that attitude blows. I seem to date more girls who are petite, like 5' 0" - 5' 2", but I really don't care whether a girl is taller than me. It is a completely 100% non-issue in my book.

5'9 = 180 cm. that's not average

@LEIGHX 5'9" = 175.26 cm, 180 cm

Not 180 cm*

• five oh and lovin' it.

• am not familiar with the Feet/inch but some guy told am 6,1 (185 cm tall).
    I find it a little bit over average compared to other people. I feel nothing about it, i mean sure i help my mom to reach things for her, my aunt too, but nothing more special about it. Other wise
    I wish I was a little bit taller
    I wish I was a baller
    I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her
    I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
    And a six four Impala
    :P

• I am 5'9" which is around average - I haven't really noticed anything major to do with it but I wouldn't deny that maybe I like to be few inches taller.

• I am 6'. I have about as much feeling about my height as I do my own shoe size. Actually I have *stronger* feelings about my shoe size, as that has real effects on my life.

• No problem, I'm 5'10 (1.78 m) and I'm happy to be who I am :D
    I like small girls so I wouldn't look away from you for sure!

• I'm 5'9" and change. I wish I was about half a foot taller though. But at least I'm not half a foot shorter!

• I'm 6'2" and I enjoy being a tall, attractive guy. It makes me very dominant as I look down at girls even when they are wearing heels.

• I'm 5'9" of pure power and I'm ok with my height. The reason why I'm only ok with it is because I'm not really considered short, but I'm not tall either.

Personally, I wish I was at least 6' :)

• I'm about five foot ten, and I'm fine with that. Most because I'm still just 16 and haven't stopped growing yet.
    I would be mildly disappointed if I stopped growing.
    At least I'm still already taller than the rest of family, who are Greek and I am the youngest of.

• I'm 6'1" I feel good about it. I wouldn't mind either way if I was taller or shorter. If I could make be a few inches taller, I'd feel pretty good. I don't feel I need to be 7' or taller. Being taller isn't all that great.

***Being taller isn't necessarily all that great. Sometimes it is, but not all the time.

• i am 5'10 which is the average hight for my country. i am happy with it. i know that i can always make myself a bit taller by wearing boots with a heel on them. hight is not a problem for me. i am happy with the hight that i have.

• 6' 4" I wouldn't mind being a bit shorter nothing is really made for people my height and being over a foot taller than some girls gets awkward.

• I'm 6'2" and enjoy it

• I'm 5'7", 5'8" in some shoes. I'm taller than my parents and sister, but in the real world I feel short. Not to mention girls where I live are all like 5'6" and up. I'm at the awkward height where I'm not average but I'm not short enough to be the cute little short guy 😂😂😂

• Well I can't actually tell you my height but I can assure you I'm not happy. If I was taller i'd get girls!

Actually I prob still wouldn't get any girls 😂 Forever alone

• I'm pretty short. But then when I look at guys even shorter or in worse shape otherwise, I thank God for making me normal enough.

• Somewhere around 6'2-6'4 and I'm good

• 6'3" Tall but not so tall that I bump my head on door casings...

• I'm 6'3" (and a half, but who's counting). There are advantages to being tall, but then I also used to hit my head on stuff a lot. But never on the same thing twice! lol

• 5'11" satisfied

• 6'0'' Perfectly comfortable with it.

• 5'11

• I'm 6'1'' and I love it! I'm so glad I'm not a short guy because that would mean living a life of being insecure about it! That's really the biggest plus to being tall in my opinion lol.

• I'm 5'9 and don't really like it. I am short enough that men/women can still view me as short/inferior but not short enough that anyone would ever feel sympathy towards me about it.

I wish I could be 6ft, thats the best height in my opinion.

• Last I checked, 5' 8". I think that's about average, but I still feel short.

• 6'2 and I'm happy with it

• I'm 5'8", and ok with it but i wish i was 5'10 because it's the average height, anyways my dad is 5'10 and the different is not visible when we stand next to each other.

• More from Guys
    31

What Girls Said 33

• 5'10 and I'm happy with it.

Occasionally, I wish I was taller/shorter. But, overall, I like my height. <3 <3

* I like being an Amazonian Skittle!

• I'm a 5'0 giant. Minus the trouble buying pants, diving into the washer for clothes, and not being able to reach shit, I'm fine with my height.

• I'm about a quarter inch shy of 5'9" and until the last year or so, It's always been an issue for me. I get complements on my legs, but I never saw myself that way.

I'm taller than almost all of my friends, so I would always slouch down for group pics on purpose. I'm finally starting to own it just in the last year like i said.

• I'm 5'3/162 and I really wish I were taller. All my close friends are almost 6'/180 and it's such an inconvenience. The have these long beautiful legs and when they wear heels I look like a midget next to them T_T. And i usually need to jog to keep up. Also tall people can eat more without gaining weigh, super unfair if you ask me.

• I'm 5'4" and I wish I could be a lot taller because than my older sister will be the shortest, my second oldest sister will be the second shortest, my older brother will be the third tallest and then I the youngest will be the tallest!!! And our ages will be the opposite to our heights

• 5'11 but it's pretty standard in my country. (Tallest people in the world, folks)

I tend to be taller than every guy who I have been in a relationship with, but as long as they don't care I don't care either. Things are easy to reach and I look ridiculous in heels, which is why I love to wear them.

• I'm 5'6 and I think that's a pretty average height. Out in the world I feel pretty tall (or tall enough) but with my family, they always say that I'm short and I quote "if only she was taller". I don't get it, I'm an average height lol

• I'm 5'10 and I like my height

• I am 5'6''.
    I like my height.

• I'm 5'4" and usually I'm fine with it. I'm a pretty average height. I do wish my legs were longer though and being 5'6" seems really appealing to me.

• 5'1" and love it! ^^

• I'm 5'6 which is average by international standards but I was one of the tallest people in my class growing up. I like my height but wish I was born somewhere it's actually average,

• I'm 5'10" and I generally... I'm taller or the same height as most boys it seems, so that kinda sucks... but I generally like it.

• 5'2" and I love everything about except that 10 extra pounds looks like 35.

• I'm 5"5'7 or 167 cm I feel really short sometimes and other times like a giant (but mainly I feel short)

• 5'5.5"
    tall for my ethnicity but i wish i was leggier

• I'm 5'4'' with heels I am 2 inches taller. I wish I was 5'6''

• 5' 8" & I'm happy with it.

• I am 5'1 so short girl O. o

• I'm 5'6" and I'm happy.
    It's just slightly above average, so many men are still taller than me. I'm just wondering why I'm shorter than both of my parents :/ my Mom is an inch taller, I think 5'7" would've been ideal.

• I'm quite short for my age and that really annoys me

• I'm 5'2 (that's 4 inches below the average here) so I'm pretty short.
    I used to be very upset about that but over time I started to not care anymore.

• I'm 5'5 and I wish I was a little taller.

• I'm 5'4", and it doesn't bother me much. In fact, I feel small and sort of adorable when surrounded by my tall friends. I like being slightly shorter.

• 5'5 I love it

• 5'0 and fine with it tbh. Makes a few things hard but I mostly make other people do those things 😂

• 5'2" and I hate it.

• 5'12" I'm happy cuz I'm healthy, not cuz of being tall though.

• I'm 6'1" and feel very "meh" about it.

• I'm 5'2 and I wish I were taller bc I feel so tiny;p

• More from Girls
    3