Is it possible that the only reason I'm having no confidence in myself while I'm losing weight is because of my breasts?

So I'm 4'11 I use to weigh 250 and now I'm 220 so my bra size is a 36L and no it's not fat it's hereditary the women on my dad side of family had huge breasts and they weren't fat at all ( so even when I reach my goal weight they will still be big ).
So while shopping with my friends they wanted to do a celebration shopping for me. So while I was trying on my clothes in the fitting room, I had 0 confidence, I wanted to give up because I didn't look right in the shirts and dresses my friends picked out for me. They gave me the right sizes but I still didn't look right in them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately this is what happens when you have larger boobs. I have the same problem! I'm a G cup and even then I find I don't look right in a lot of shirts. Or if I do find shirts I like, the rest of the shirt is baggy, but it fits well in the boob area.

My tip is to just go with stretchy stuff. It's unfortunate, but it's all you can do unless you can find someone to tailor your clothes. Only get a reduction if that is what you want to do. It's serious surgery and I would put a lot of thought into it.

I always hate when people suggest that to me. I don't have any kids yet so I see no point in getting a reduction, plus I have no other issues other than not being able to find clothes.

When you have big boobs, it can sometimes make it look like you are bigger than you are. Or the boobs will always be the main focus on your body. That's the thing I struggle with the most. I feel self-conscious wearing tops that show any cleavage because I always feel like it's too much.

But the best thing you can do is layer with tank tops and buy stretchy tops that will fit over your boobs. Get creative.

Sheer tops are great, and then just wear a crop top underneath or a tank top. Get a good bra to support you and it will help as well.

Yes majority all of my shirts stretches, wearing a 3X is perfect for me which sucks because I don't have to wear that size anymore. But I have to wear it. As for surgery, I have been thinking about it because due to heart problems and I can't take any pain medication so I don't know if it will be okay to get an reduction. As of now I don't have any pain yet ( back pains ) so I'm glad about that. Yes exactly that's definitely how I feel and see when I try something on. I will definitely buy tank tops so I can layer it. Thank you I will buy some Sheer tops, I just recently bought my bra before I did the shopping. Thank you so much

You're welcome! Thanks for MHO!

What Guys Said 2

• First off, I would say to keep on losing weight. I don't think I need to tell you that 4'11" and 220# is a pretty unhealthy combo. Once you get down to a reasonable weight, you can look into breast reduction but I can tell you now that a doctor wouldn't touch you right now until you lost more weight.

Yes I am I haven't reached my goal yet, and no its not, I have thought about it but due to the fact that I can't take any medication for pain and I was born with a heart murmur so I don't know what will happen if I had surgery because I remembered I was having heart problems when I was in the Intensive Care Unit Burn Center

I couldn't take any pain medication due to being allergic so I don't know if I should have surgery.

• No need to focus on the negativity here, it's a fact you lost some pounds and focus on that instead, don't celebrate yet, keep doing what you did in the first place. There is few choices if you want to make your breasts smaller and that working out, and it's very difficult way and will take long time also. It's normal to have big breasts and it's hard to find right clothes even for what you think are normal people physic. Am fit and workout a lot but it's never easy for me to find clothes that fits me. You are normal so is your breast size. Good job on your accomplishment
    Stay strong

Thank you so much and I'm willing to keep working out and stay dedicated. Yes that is true and thank you again it really means a lot

What Girls Said 0