I need help with my essay. I can figure out what to do :( Yes, it's due tomorrow but it's only 1-2pgs long. Prompt below. Any help?

Prompt: Many readers regard Robert Frost as the quintessential "nature poet." Choose a poem by Frost that isn't assigned on our course calendar (there are a few others in the textbook, but you can also check here or here) and answer the following: What does this poem have to say to us in the 21st century, as we struggle to "go green" and be "eco-friendly"? Compare the cultural climate of the poem's initial date of publication with our current milieu.

I chose the poem "October" by Robert Frost

What Guys Said 2

• Well you need to look when he wrote that poem then research the environmental issues at that time and what people of that time were doing to fight those issues. Then compare them to today's environmental issues and what we are doing to fight the

• Okay. I'll read it. I have a degree in English.

October Related Poem Content Details
      BY ROBERT FROST
      O hushed October morning mild,
      Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;
      Tomorrow’s wind, if it be wild,
      Should waste them all.
      The crows above the forest call;
      Tomorrow they may form and go.
      O hushed October morning mild,
      Begin the hours of this day slow.
      Make the day seem to us less brief.
      Hearts not averse to being beguiled,
      Beguile us in the way you know.
      Release one leaf at break of day;
      At noon release another leaf;
      One from our trees, one far away.
      Retard the sun with gentle mist;
      Enchant the land with amethyst.
      Slow, slow!
      For the grapes’ sake, if they were all,
      Whose leaves already are burnt with frost,
      Whose clustered fruit must else be lost—
      For the grapes’ sake along the wall.

The poem is about the burden of winter. Hold on to the warm of September. Nature is a destructive force that comes through and tinges the leafs of fruit vines. The grape itself is a symbolic fruit; the fruit of Dionysus, of the Greek god of wine, of celebration, and of passion. Keats spoke of the grape in his Ode to Melancholy.

Mostly talk about how in fall we experience or enter into the great decay, the winter is death, and the spring is our great rebirth. The poem is about holding onto something we can't control, that is slipping through our fingers, and we're just asking for a little more. ... It's a beautiful poem.

What Girls Said 1

• umm explain how the poem relates to the society's pollution and our use of non eco-friendly stuff (should be many metaphoric saying from the poem i suppose to describe the ecosystem) then explain the differences of the climate when the poem was published and now... this is what i think you should do