Are you proud of your country's history?

Let me get this straight , everyone is proud of there own country, they should be , but sometimes history has some dark truths. Are you proud of the history of your country you born.
You can be specific.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I live in Sweden now which theri history is as rich as any country, but am from middle east so it's Sumer civilization, which is the first urban civilization, even before Ancient Egypt, not so much remains but it's the civilizhere is so much to know about and so much that we still to this day don't understand, makes me wonder what kind of tools and technology they used back then. Babilon too.
    Then we get the bible stories and the birth of jesus christ, there is many ruins that remains as a hidden church from 600 A. C.(between Iraq and turky) which was amazing to see and so on. To be proud of the history of the civilization that gave us so much but yet everything is destroyed because of religion wars, is unfortunate and a loss for all of us.

What Girls Said 9

• I am. Poles were one of the most sturdy nations. We've always, sooner or later tried to regain freedom no matter what. We've fought on every front and for other countries sake if they were against the same enemy as we, whether it was beneficial to us or not. Just to beat their asses. :)

• There are definitely some things I'm not proud of but for the most part yeah. Australia is a pretty awesome place to live

• Very much.
    We are one of the oldest countries in the world with so old language that scientists can't even say where are roots of our language.
    When invaders came to the Europe, the first country they invaded was mine, It is gate of Europe and even though that It was in the middle of 3 greatest empires in the world, It managed to survive.
    We managed to stay Christians when all of our neughbours were Muslim and they were ''hunting'' on us. It is not about religion but will power.
    ''Good Morning" translates as "Morning of peace" in my language and our "hello'' - "Gamarjoba'' - means victory.
    It says the all. We've been warriors all the time.
    Historians called us Vikings of Caucasus and Persians called my country ''Land if the wolves''.
    Russian historian told to one Western European traveler ''You should see Georgians in the battle, they fight as gods''.
    We had created our own empire and we've been one of the most tolerant countries to other religions and ethnicities.
    We've been only few millions fighting with huge countries and we never surrendered.
    Hell yes, I am proud and happy that I am Georgian.

Yes I have also read ur history a little, pretty impressive your language and traditions are one of oldest which have no noticeable begging.

Nope I am an Indian actually Indian major religion Hindu and language Sanskrit also is one of oldest religion and language respectively with no known origin, and hence I have been reading about other oldest languages and religion.

Oh good, here are a few Indian students in Tbilisi, they study in med. school. Yes, I've read many about your country, language, and philosophical ideologies. I've also read Krishna, found many wise things there.

• Of course) We are the best)

you got any good roman castles you can see out your window?

• Yes, especially the gutian and median era, but afterwards, only cowards came from us, we should've screwed all our enemies/invaders around instead of trying to be peaceful and shit aka naive and gullible.

• Not really. Seems like the place I was born loves getting fucked over again and again.

Where are you from?😮

ah, i see. are you proud of india's history?

U mean the 300 years Mughals then followed by 200 years Britishers. Not exactly !

• Not really

Only courageous people can able to find flaws in themselves.

• Yeah USA 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 besides all that slavery

You can't "beside" it when it went for 300 years followed by 100 years of bad behaviour. Great country though.😉

Shut up

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Lol..
      O
      K

• No Issue on my end.
    I just don't like what is going on in this country.

What Guys Said 15

• 0|1

That made me laugh😂

• To an extent. I'm proud of what they manage to accomplish and conquer. Spain had a huge empire once, but I'm not proud of how they screw up and lost it all -_-

• Depends which history, Canada has had a significance in wars which made them become independent, we also have had historical significance in other aspects.

But the fact that this country was born of Imperialism and the slaughter of many native tribes, there`s nothing much to be proud of in that aspect.

• Not at all. It survived and it also committed injustices

• No we are a battleground for other nations all the damn time. Battle of waterloo, WWI, WWII, etc. We are still digging up bombs from the war after 70 damn years wtf.

I love Europe though and its history.

AVE EUROPA

• Damn right I am. There's a fancy term for looking back at history while using modern values to judge what people did, and how that's super stupid. What's that word?

No one's judging, I just asked wt u feel?😮

And I'm asking what that word is because I keep on forgetting :P

• My country's history is actually kind of boring to be honest. Nothing really interesting or exciting has happened during the time it has existed. and even when something has, it was very tamed and/ or low key.
    While other country have intriguing historical events and buildings and a well developed culture. My country's history is quite lacklustre and leaves a lot to be desired.

• I'm ok.
    Some stuff yes, other's not really.

But stories are what they are, made by different people.

• Hell yeah I am proud of it. Even the darker parts, because we have overcame so many obstacles and dark truths! And we will continue to do so

Lol is that an Indian movie pic on ur profile😂😂 . Are you a fan of Bollywood?

Yes I am a big Bollywood fan! Although I was born and raised in the USA and am not Indian

Bollywood is full of romance and great love stories!
      Not to mention the action movies are getting a lot better!

• Not proud and not ashamed, neutral

• Not really but i don't tell it in real life.

Lol u r a turk, most of u guys spit on every ones face telling them how awesome were u screweing everyone around, what happened?

@FemaleAssassin as you said most of us not all. I dont like it because it is very barbaric and exaggerated.

you're a one awesome turk then! 👍🏻

• We did ok besides the whole slavery, genocide, discrimination and introducing nuclear warfare things 😂

• Not really since your an Indian let me give you a very unpopular perspective I have many people consider the vedic age to be a some kind of exalted age but I consider it a dark age everything went downhill when that hellhole opened up. I wish that age had never visited India and by the way u also consider the present state of our cursed civilization as SECTARIAN TERRORIST state or civilization. Let's hope we can have a good discussion about this.

The frst is no one consider vedic age as exalted, which Vedas itself hold high honor. I would really like to know how you consider it as "dark". Vedic age is just period in which Vedas were written, and Vedas in its most part include a way of living.

You*

Typo * I consider*

• No I'm finally convinced the u. s. is shit.

• eh there isn't that much history to b proud of