Have you ever been asked to pick something for someone... BUT you chose wrong in their eyes?

Like they ask you something like 'Where should i go for lunch mcd's or burger king?' and you choose one but they go with the other thing?

Or "Which dress/suit do you like?" and you choose one, but they buy the other one you didn't pick?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. It's a psychological trick: if someone picks for you, you automatically know its what you want or not. It takes the pressure off of having to choose, and only leaves the feeling of gratification or disappointment. My mom and I use it all the time to make decisions faster.

Don't feel bad. It's nothing personal.

Most Helpful Guy

• Omg all the time with the previous SO!!
    But I learned how to deal with it haha...

Her: which dress do you like?
    Me: oh the green one (wrong choice of course)

Her: oh really? I like the red one better.

Me: haha, yeah! Now looking at it, same here. I think it will match your hair and skin tone better. You're right, the reds better :).

Her: Right isn't it!!! This is why I love bringing you shopping with me. We have the same taste.

😓Me:(in my mind) I don't know how she came to that conclusion, but hey, it's a win for me.
    Me:(out loud)... haha right I feel the same way, what would you do without me 😌🤔.

Female logic mate hahah. Got to love it.

What Girls Said 17

• Yes, aside from Some, hun, who May or May not Agree with me here, off of Gag.. I have Been asked.
    Why, for Instance, speaking of This question, I picked out a New chair for my Dad's Bad Back from Walmart. com where it will be Shipped to Dad's store. My roomie, perhaps Being more Deft in Picking out Something that May be More fitting, searched a Tad better and Wala!! He found One UP from the one for Dad, that was Best from the Rest for his Back... Made for Lumbar problems.
    I would Imagine in my own life, that not Always I have Pleased Everyone under the Rosy Sun.
    Good luck and Great question, Thanks for the Invite. xx

• Well... I used to...
    But now I just reciprocate the question or ask what they think is best so ultimately they r making their own choice...
    I work in a clothing store and am asked pretty often for my opinion... but I have no fashion sense I i always weasel my way out of the question hahahaha

• Haha yeah, in general, but mostly with my mum.

Mum: "Which outfit should I choose?"
    me: the one on the left
    Mum: Ok the one on the right
    Me: *facepalm* why'd you even ask me?

Lmfao

• Yeah, sometimes :P

• I feel kinda bad cuz I do that to my boyfriend all the time. I'm like "should I have an apple or a banana?" And he'll pick apple. And I'll go with banana. Almost every single time I ask him to choose something for me I go with the other one. It's probably something weird in my brain wanting what I can't have but he still gives me shit for it.

• If its about food: Always pick the one you'd rather go to, if they ask you.
    1) because if they had a preference they should've stuck with that so they blew their chance when they asked you.
    2) as long as you pick what you like, there's 100% chance someone's ending up satisfied.

• I have never done that

• Yep, it happens! Whoops.

• Yes. I work at a clothes store and people ask me to pick something for the person... Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

• Nope.

• Yea no biggy

• All the time lol

• Haha.
    Every time my sister asks me what to wear.

• Yeah! I don't care lol. I do that as well.

One time this one person got super mad at me lol... like im sorry! don't give me the choice if you're just gonna get mad at me for not choosing "right!"

Lol, people can be immature about the randomest things!

• My mother in law once slapped me for picking the wrong color of lipstick 😕

• Haha yea it's happened to me before and sometimes I find myself doing that too

• Yeah, happens to me all the time.

What Guys Said 11

• Hmmm... nothing comes immediately to mind but I'm sure it's happened.

• I hate those questions - I would be non committal and say I have a slight preference for one - That way they can take my advice or disregard it

• Yes! I told my brother to send me a pciture of what he wanted to make sure to get the same. But meh , he was ''busy'' playing a new game.
    So i got home and guess what! Sms are still in my phone as evidence and he paid me but he was very upset.
    I would do it for anyone as long they show me/send a picture of it.

• Yep, anytime anyone needs "design advice" for anything, they tend to ask me. Sometimes they cut corners and don't listen due to money, but they keep coming back to ask me like I'm their personal interior designer, landscape architect, web designer, art consultant, etc.

• i do that most of the times :D i ask only because i just wanted to hear my choice form their mouth :D

• Hmmm no can't say I have.

• eh I don't think so

and if they have a clear preference, then why even ask?

• Oh yes. I don't do it anymore.

• Yes quite a few times lol

• That used to happen until she died from eating too much mcd's and burger king😭

• Almost like a game