Do you think we should have more female action stars?

I don't mean by being supporting characters, but being characters with leading roles. Imagine Ronda Rousey starring in an action movie.

Most Helpful Guy

• The viewership of most action movies are men, thus most of the protagonists and antagonists are going to be men. That's not to say a woman couldn't pull it off, but it'd be tough to imagine most actresses being able to accomplish the believability of this.
    Ronda Rousey could be a believable badass character, but I've never seen her act, so I don't necessarily know how well she'd do in a film.

I've heard people say negative things about Rousey's acting skills. I may be wrong, but I don't think Arnold Schwarzenegger was known for his acting ability either.

What Girls Said 2

• Holly Holmes would be good. Depends women aren't as a rule interested in action films but more rom coms and chick flicks. I know I am.

• You know they're making a Mad Max Fury Road sequel about Imperator Furiosa

Wait, so there's going to be a Mad Max movie without Max? Weird...

lmao yeah! well maybe it won't be called Mad Max, it'll be a new series of Furiosa movies that follows the same kinda structure or w/e

What Guys Said 5

• As long as action movies with female leads change their game up. I'm kinda done with action movies staring female leads being about "discovering her freedom and independence" with a large portion of it cracking jokes at men. Can't we have something more... badass?

• I dont even watch tv.

• Agree. Like Angelina Jolie at times, Michelle Yeoh most of the time.

• I think we should have less female everything

• Yes? No? If there is a demand for it, it will happen. The entertainment industry is as simple as that.

There isn't a huge demand for it and when it is done it is often done wrong.
    I suppose one of the more successful characters is lara croft. Could always look at what they did right there.