30yo, don't have any friends, have not had any since HS, never had a girlfriend, have no contact with anybody, only contact is for food etc, becoming lonely?

I'm lonely and now that I have become 30, I'm scared about dying alone or never experiencing companionship, I don't know where to begin, I don't like being in crowded places or in restaurants or movie theaters, I live alone and i don't know how to make small talk with people anymore let alone finding a significant other, I feel really alone, for the past decade I have numbed myself and gone through life but like I said, now that I have hit 30, I realize that this may not be normal or healthy, does anyone have any advice or tips on how to get out of this situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not uncommon

What Girls Said 2

• I've had success with MeetUp.

• Yes. take a walk every day out side. Walk among people every day... it can be around the corner... once you concur that and don't fear it then you go somewhere with more people a popular park or mall... work on just making eye contact and greeting people... even with just a wave or head nod. Do it until you are comfortable (tip a lot of woman do not make eye contact for fear of being approached... it's not you they also don't often do it to each other). Once you have done that maybe try public transportation and start a convo with someone waiting or go to a cafe and start up a conversation with the server or make a simple convo with a person checking out your order at the store. Baby steps...

That sounds so exhausting and hard. Maybe I don't need to talk to people and stuff, I can live with being alone you know.

Nothing worth it happens overnight... real change takes hard work and time. The first steps have to be yours.

Can't get anything back if you don't put anything out there...

What Guys Said 2

• You have severe social problems. I would advise therapy and things like meetup. Start small with social contacts, then make friends and slowly expand until after a while you're ready for courtship.

• Try online dating then