Who here is old enough to remember Micro Machines?

Teeny tiny toy cars you collect and could get playsets for them. also famous for the fast talking dude in the commercials (see above)

Most Helpful Girl

• haha yes me and my sister used to take my brothers and use them with our Polly Pockets. We also took his Mighty Max's-lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha yes I remember Micro Machines, although I think that they are still producing products even today; aren't they?

However, partially because of their small scale and their design style, the cars have overly caricatured/cartoony proportions, while I always liked more realistic models of things. In that low-price range, I'd say Matchbox is the best at realistic models --- whenever they get around to actually making new ones, which happens rarely xD --- although Hot Wheels sometimes makes good models too, like the James Bond Aston Martin, haha:

hwcollectorsnews.com/.../...-Martin-1963-DB5-b.jpg

What Girls Said 6

What Guys Said 18

• I'm old enough to remember Micro Machines for the Sega Mega Drive.

Yup, believe it or not kids, this was how we wiled away our time back in the day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m08miUSCHI

Ah, we were at the forefront of technology and coolness!

• Oh fuck yeah! I had one of the playsets, It was like a gas station/aircraft landing pod thing lol. And of course.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jYL3i9sX0Q

• Definitely old enough to remember but I don't recall - This side of the Atlantic the main companies for miniature toys were Dinky and Matchbox.

• Well I had toy cars like those but I was born in the early 90s not 80s *shakes fists* should have been the 80s though -__- they sounded like fun.

• Yep I'm one of those kids who grew up around those things. We would make little tracks for them and everything too.

• I must have missed out on those since I was already driving real cars in the 80s , I just remember matchbox cars from before that time

• I loved Micro Machines. Best ever. I still have pictures of some of them. Hahaha. The guys that did those commercials was the Guinness world record holder for the fastest speaker at the time.

• i remember those, but they lost sales due to matchbox taking over which where better toy cars anyways, for the higher detail in construction.

• I made epic battles with them... walls, floor, fire.. everything...
    I had a villan and the heroes... when they were broken i would use glue and smart enginnearing to bring them to life and plan the revenge episodes.

• I actually had that city and a lot of micromachines when I was a kid... I like my LEGOs a lot more though...

• Yes a friend of mine had em. My parents wouldn't get me any and all my toys were second hand out of charity shops.

• Old enough? They don't make these anymore 😮😮😮😮😯😯😯😯😯

• Hell yeah i remember those. Only had a couple, i had more matchbox cars than these.

• yeah i remember that

• Yeah, I remember those, Barely.
    Toy cars were already small, Those were almost guaranteed you were gonna lose.

• I remember the video game. It was ridiculously hard. You just used to fall off the edge all the time

• I had some of these. Had a lot more fun with Matchbox and Hot Wheels though.

• me i'm old enough