Why are so many people unhappy?

How come so many people are unhappy with their lives?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its because we don't know how to be content.
    We are all told that more money is better, bigger house is better, hotter wife is better, bigger boat is better etc etc

When we can't achieve these unrealistic thing we think we have failed in life.

What Girls Said 11

• ... because most people place their happiness in other peoples hands, instead of creating their own happiness. If you rely on other people to make you happy... then once they are gone , so is your happiness. Other people should just enrich your life, not be your entire life.

Plus, to be happy you need to change what you are able to change , and accept what can't be changed.

Being adaptable is paramount in order to be happy.

• because they are too blind to see the beautiful sides of their life and be thankful for what they have

• I don't know, I still haven't achieved any important thing YET but I'm very happy to be alive and to be able to work towards my goals.

• Lack of gratitude, and an inability to find joy in hard work and in serving others. So many people think only of themselves.

• Because they don't learn to live for themselves/ no serious aim in life. Even if they have goal, they are too lazy to work for it.

Another thing I noticed is that their life revolves around things that are either materialistic or things that shouldn't be the main center of their life.

Running after the wrong things, and lack of knowledge makes one unhappy

• Too many meaningless relationships

• because of their life choices

• because they are scared of being more unhappy so they never go after what will make them happy for one thing.

• I've got things going on in it

• Cause there's lots of sucky people in this world. Selfish, mean, uncaring, hurtful the list goes on

• I'm unhappy because I don't like my life 😞

What Guys Said 20

• I guess it's their own fault, people who are unhappy put themselves there or seem to stay there. We are all in control of our own lives, if you need to work hard to have happiness then do it, if you just lay back then don't expect happiness to be served to you on a silver platter.

• Toxic societal & " media " brainwashing is one HUGE factor. If people thought more for themselves & attempted to see the POV of others & treated others as they themselves would like to be treated , what a massive difference that would make. Notice the " media " stirs up every division imaginable ( sex , race , age , social class , religion , you name it !! ) Also since the smartphone zombie apocalypse began , social skills have gone down the toilet !!

• Because they've been indoctrinated by society and the system to think that happiness comes from material possessions and fleeting interpersonal relationships instead of finding it within themselves.

• Warped values shaped by social expectation and trying to live to other people's standards rather than your own.

• because we live in a time where its really hard to make ends meet, its really hard to save money, its really hard to interact with each other because of all the divisiveness. everything is just difficult,, things were more laid back and easy a couple years ago

• Because i want my life to be a certain way and no matter how much I try reality has yet to conform to my liking.

• because they can't get what they want, or be what they want, due to life restrictions, and limitations, most people call curses, bad luck, failures etc.

• a lot of the times i believe it's because they feel they have failed at something so they get upset at themselves along with the world. 😕

• Because we always want something more.

• People are unhappy to think what this world will be coming to.

• Materialism.

• because life's hard and boring

• Because, you've lost, that looooovin feeling. Whoa, that lovin feeeeeling.

• Cause we must share a planet with 6 billion retarded assholes

• Cause their team didn't win the nba championship, and didn't get in to the world series for the first time in 19 years

#Cavs
    #Indians

• Dating is harder. Girls are super into low lifes, guys are into Instagram models. Guys can't get average girls becuse they want the world.

So disconnected because of technology. Everyone is lonely.

Everyone is broke, everything is so expensive... Gotta survive from what your parents have.

• I'm unhappy, because noone has respected me , since i lost my natural face beauty in an accident.
    #loser

• Because they are godless. We were not created to be godless.

• 1. Because narcissism, shallowness, and materialistic nature has taken over a lot of people today and everyone wants to compare themselves and strive for the celebrity golden life (aka Kim K. lifestyle). When they fail or see others having better lives than them they feel depressed.

It's largely due to social media and people having a peek at other people's live.

• 1 because their arrogant and stupid
    2 because theyre also under attack everyday

either or both