Is it weird that I don't trust women cooking for me?

Every woman I came across wanted to cook for me. For one I have a lot of food allergies that limits what I can eat. Secondly, I tell them I'll rather cook for them cause I was raised to not depend on a woman for anything. So I know how to cook, sow up clothes, clean very good, and of course wash laundry. When I was younger my paternal grandfather friend who was 97 years old told me not to trust women cooking my food that you should cook for yourself cause although food is a way to a man heart it is also how they will trap (have you sprung on them due to a voodoo ritual. That's also the reason why he don't eat catfish cause they have periods.)/kill you. Now at that point I'm lmao until he started bring up logical evidence and I'm a logical person. One of his evidence was voodoo. We actually knew my father friend was killed after his wife put small cut up glass into his food that took him out. I told other older men this funny story from this older guy and everyone didn't think it was funny. They actually believed the same thing. They had their own story. The older I got I had perfected cooking to the point where I was asked by family members to cook and bake things during Thanksgiving... my question is why would a woman get mad if no matter how tired I am from getting off work and school I would want to cook for her and I. I always thought that is something a lady would want in a man. Especially a young man like myself (23). I had arguments about this with a childhood friend, her mother and sisters. Also the women I dated. I will eat their cooking but I have to watch them (I don't eat fast food for that reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• I cook for people because it's a way to show I care. I'm good at it, and it gives me the fuzzies to see people enjoy what I've made especially when I've gone to a lot of effort for something they'd like.

That's how I feel and I wouldn't get offended if you told me that you want to watch me cook it because you didn't trust people cooking your food. I always have arguments about this subject. Well not arguments I say what I have to say then I shut up. But it's cool and funny when we're friends but soon as they catch feelings it's a problem. I don't understand. I let them no in the beginning

A sandwich is OK. I don't think you can hide anything in a turkey sandwich. I always inspect my food even when I was younger and my mom made it

Hmm ok... Well hopefully you can find someone who is ok with that 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• well if she could basically kill you by accidentally cooking stuff you´re allergic to, i can understand your trust issues XD but other than that you should be more chill about it. just because a girl wants to cook for you, doesn´t mean that you´re depending on her to make you food. take turns if you want.

I'm allergic to shell fish and chicken meat. I love crab legs and shrimp but if I eat it my throat will close up. I learned the hard way.

Haha I don't think I'd be very good at it either. The meanest I'd get is to feed you so well you'd get fat?

@Wonderer89 oh ok that might work XD

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Watch out ladies, blue anon is onto you.

• Women can't be trusted. They do dishonest things. It is in their nature.