Weird question, do I have autism?

So when I was born I was supposed to be down syndrome, but I wasn't. I'm now 13 and my parents tell me that I'm perfect, but I feel different. I looked up the signs of autism and each sign sounds exactly like me. So do I have it? How do I ask my parents?

If you know of any other signs please share!

Most Helpful Guy

• If you have it your parents will know. They completely have no response

Most Helpful Girl

• You technically have to get "tested ".
    I work at a pediatric therapy clinic where we have sooo many autistic kids. I personally think its waaay over diagnosed.
    Though, autism now has the spectrum.
    So "aspergers syndrome" is considered autism.
    So, are you normal with like, severe social aversions? Then maybe on the spectrum.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I honestly think you show not look for signs of autism. If you keep focusing on the signs, then of course you will start to notice something, even if it really nothing...
    Anyway, to answer your question, I think you should just talk to them, when they are not busy, or in a rush. Just walk up to them, and say mum, dad, I have a question. 😊

• The signs that they say online aren't always the best to go by. Like I had all the signs for ADHD but when I got tested for it the doctors kind of laughed and said I'm no where near it. If you are worried just straight-out ask your parents and if they don't know just ask if you can get tested for it. Anyway there's nothing wrong about having it.

• I feel like you should go to a professional if you feel like you need a diagnosis.

• Ask your parents