Is california's "yes means yes" consent rule the most retarded rule to ever exist?

it states that boys must ask for consent during EVERY STEP of a hook up situation. Not doing so can result in the boy being deemed a rapist. For instance, you must request consent before kissing, then you must ask for consent AGAIN before touching any part of the girls body, and must ask A THIRD TIME before going any further. Holy shit is there any way to kill the mood quicker? its amazing how many young boys are going to see this and ruin everything with a girl.

"i just want to make sure its ok with you before i kiss you" lol what a joke

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean it's annoying, but I can understand where it stems from.
    Honestly though, if you're going along with it, then for me, that's what I believe to be consent. Not everyone feels the same way which is cool, but I'll let you know if I don't wanna do anything lmao.

lol exaclty. if you go along with it = consent. its that simple but politicians corrupted by feminism buy into the idea that women are always victims

this law is basically telling women they aren't competent enough to verbally speak up and tell a guy no and to fuck off. it absolves women of responsibility when it comes to something that should be mutual.

glad to see there are some logical women out there.

totally agree with you.
      it's sad what it's come to

Most Helpful Guy

• The consent rule appears to be insane, until you realise that the real purpose of the rule is to prevent normal heterosexual relationships from occurring. Once you understand that, everything makes sense.
    'Yes means yes' is a poisoned fruit of the tree of Feminism, which springs from the toxic soil of Cultural Marxism.
    The purpose of Feminism is to undermine Western Civilisation by destroying the family unit, to cause men and women to see each other as enemies and to thereby cause fewer white babies to be born.
    Other races that are present in the West have also been affected, but they are collateral damage rather than the intended target.

What better way to conquer a country than to make males hate females so much that they would no longer take up arms to defend them? I fear North America is rapidly approaching this point.

@Distant
      I have to say, as a former soldier, that I would think twice before I suited up again to defend a bunch of ungrateful treacherous harpies who would stab me in the back the moment that my usefulness had ended.

Amen to that. I don't blame you at all.

What Girls Said 4

• I know rape exist... but this is nuts. If a girl consents to sleep with a guy... that should be all that is needed. Guys... if a girl consents then demands this step thing... get up and walk out. Go home and jerk it off. I'm not saying if she changes her mind. But if this becomes the norm... girls you better get a dildo. You are going to need it.

What if a girl tells a guy to stop after consenting during sex and he continues fucking her?

If she stops saying yes at any time, even if it's because she's out of breath and she doesn't say anything else besides yes throughout the sexual act, then any pause between saying "yes" one time and saying "yes" the next time would now legally be deemed sufficient grounds to press charges and qualify that encounter as "rape" if the female partner decided that she wanted to do so at a later stage. Because saying nothing means no under the "yes means yes" law. No-one's capable of saying "yesyesyesyesyesyesyes" continually for ten to fifteen minutes straight; and under the "yes means yes" consent rule, every ".", "," or "..." counts as a "no", counts as a withdrawal of consent. It's not humanly possible to abide by it.

@SinghSong seems legit.

• I am so glad this exists. The first law that protects women and you're bashing it shame on you. Women deserve the protection we deserve and in this world consent is a good start. I'd like to see this a nationwide law.

its up to women to take accountability for their actions. if you dont want a guy hooking up with you its your job to tell him to "no" and to leave you alone if he still pursues then the law takes it from there.

you are the perfect example of liberal feminist brainwashing and the idea that people (women in this case) shouldn't take accountability for their choices. you need to re-read the chapters in your feminist textbook on responsibility.

lol you just got troll x 1000

BYE!!! Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!!!

• This is making men feminine... I understand it protects women but it's kind of pathetic when a guy has to ask for permission. Where's the fun in that?

its not even asking for permission once. its asking for permission ONE HUNDRED TIMES. lol thats the biggest joke

If I went on a date and the guy asked me can I hold your hand?, can I hug you?, and can I kiss you? I would laugh.

why are their so many illogical women who dont want to admit how silly and unrealistic this law is? why are so many women brainwashed into supporting feminism in the first the place.. thats the REAL question

• I don't see the point of it, really.

To let transfer of wealth from men to women via using black mail tactic of i'll report you for rape if you don't pay me.

What Guys Said 27

• Of course it is retarded - and everyone who isn't a complete social inept knows.

The majority of sex starts without any actual consent, because people just get it on. People who say this law is in any way reasonable probably never had sex or are social cripples and/or autists.

• It's not even worth dating in this country anymore. Until women realize that feminism and anti male sentiment, aka sexism, is ruinining America, then us men will have absolutely nothing to do with you.

Until women START ACTING LIKE WOMEN, and not trying to be hard asses, then we don't want anything to do with you.

Until women stop falsely accusing men of rape for compliments, then we don't want jack shit to do with you. Even the most innocent remark about women will get men in trouble, but there's no limit at all to what women can say about men.

• Its okay, its not like you're getting action anytime soon.

Really funny how the people against it are males whereas the vast majority of rape victims are females.

not getting any action soon? not sure if your directed that at me but i have a girlfriend buddy. im getting laid tomorrow. i have a feeling your not getting laid anytime soon though.

Obviously this law is aimed at men not women so men will be the ones reacting to it since this potentially threatens the way men approach and meet women. doesn't take a genius to see that. nobody is denying the vast majority of rape victims are women, noones arguing that. The point is that this specific law is a laughable and unrealistic solution to the issue of rape

the fact that you took the time to reverse search my avatar just proves how little of a life you have.

Hahaha sure. Don't forget that you're the one who actually searched for a fake picture to use.

• Why would the guy be the raper if both parties communicate interest with body language? A girl can initiate a kiss without asking but it's unwarranted if a guy does it? O_o I've never heard of that. So if I kiss a girl without asking every time I can be charge for rape lol? Maybe that's only true in a college dorm.

• yes it is. In b4 feminist reply telling me i'm a misogynist for thinking that.

• That's just unrealistic. Besides how can they prove permission was/wasn't formerly requested?

lol exactly. its illogical and impractical on so many levels its laughable. its almost as laughable as when new york tried to outlaw buying a 40+ ounce soda.

it will always be a "he said she said" scenario and the only solution is to teach women how to take responsibility and to stand up for themselves

I agree

• Really why dont guys just start wearing body cams so if accused we can produce the evidence.

it will be at that point soon

Because non-consensual filming of a sexual partner is now a criminal offence as well, so that if the body cam's rolling and gets her in the shot before she consents to being filmed, that also constitutes a form of sexual assault.

@SinghSong hmm you got me there. Hell saying hello is sexual assault these days as well.

• Yeah I guess that whole "Keep government out of the bedroom" and "Keep your laws off my body" is bullshit.

• - I go in, yes?
    - Yes.
    - I go out, yes?
    - Yes.
    - I go in, yes?
    - Yes.
    - I pull out and cum, yes?
    - No. If you pull it out now and cum before I do, that's rape.

• WORD!!!

coming from the state of porn lol and they want to apply a consent rule
    that's not gonna stop a real rapist also

the government is corrupt i don't listen to anything they say
    if i could i would kill them and take over change everything

• One of the many reasons I don't live n californa.

• This shows how pathetic things are when the Democrats have a huge majority in the legislature.

Of course, it would be as bad or worse if the Republicans controlled both houses.

When it comes to idiot politicians, gridlock can be a good thing.

i think republicans have less tendency to be social justice warriors though

i agree that many republicans are overzealous religious nuts but i think they have the best ideas for fixing the economy which is the most important issue in the us right now. it would be nice to keep religion and politics separate but Christianity is too deeply intertwined in the RNC for it to be removed altogether.

maybe you can explain what you mean by them allowing infrastructure to go to hell?

Cut taxes is their mantra. I agree the demos waste a lot of money, but the GOP seems to consider things like functional roads and schools as a waste.

• Lmfao. Fuck that. I guess that means I'm raping sloots for now on.

• I think it depends on the girl, honestly. Maybe it's not bad to ask a girl if you can kisser her. I don't know if you should ask permission for everything.

• is this a law explicitly for men, or does it cover both genders?

• I'm going to carry around a checklist asking girls to tick what they're ok with doing and sign below. The chicks will dig that.

• Oh how spontaneous and hot...

Strike California girls off the list. They are no longer dating material.

• I like it. It will result in women screaming yes all the time. How is that bad?

there pussies will be so dry from boys asking for consent they will screaming no. trust me

Its gonna be like, h-hey can i kiss you. YES. H-hey can i like touch your tit? YES, YES, YES FUCK ME ALREADY.

it makes me cringe just thinking about how awkward its gonna be for some beta males out there who are brainwashed into abiding by this absurd political policies.

• Thats what women want.

• If this were law in my state, I will have seen so many rapes.

• Prevents girls from crying wolf. If they agree to something, then say they didn't, they COULD get money out of it. The law prevents that

Did you know that California also is a shared custody state, meaning if you're married, everything that your spouse owns, belongs to you too.

As evident in Big Bang Theory, when Howards dads letter was found and Sheldon told them that the letter belongs to Berny too

they could also just lie and said they didn't consent when they explicitly did lol

That's up to the courts then

• Prolific Neighborhood Slut, putting on the waterworks- "I stopped saying yes for a few seconds to draw breath, while this guy was in the middle of having sex with me like I'd begged him to, a few months ago, and he kept thrusting inside of me even though I wasn't screaming yes for those few seconds! Only yes means yes- I wasn't saying yes any more, he took control AWAY from me! So he RAPED me! HE'S A RAPIST!"
    Californian Police Statement Taker (legally obligated to be a female cop when taking a female's statement), nodding sympathetically- "Oh, I know, I know love. He did, he DID rape you. All non-gay men are filthy scum, aren't they? Let's go take out the white cis-male hetero garbage! And I promise you, if this guy resists arrest, makes a fuss or denies the charges against him, I'll take my police-issue pistol and blow his balls off for you! We women have to stand up for each other, protect each other against the evil manbeasts!"

• Or maybe women should learn how to defend themselves.

• I understand the intent to protect women as many men will go a little to far. Example: Man and woman are getting heavy. He wants to go further, she does not.
    However, I also consider that this is yet another law that targets men and leaves women alone. There is a law that states that getting drunk and giving consent does not give consent. That I find to be bullshit. You are responsible for you and you alone in that regard. Don't drink too much so you get drunk if you can't own up to your actions.

• Retarded law. Is it officially gender specific? Although even if it's not I highly doubt anyone will bother to enforce it against women.

Would leave anywhere that law applies.

• lol fuck that shit! i'll do whatever i want

• No more wake up oral sex. And while some people are saying that it only is for college students to prevent "accidental rape" It actually can be applied to any couple at any age. There are no restrictions on who it can be used on and it doesn't care about context either. If someone doesn't ask a specific question and someone doesn't give a specific yes then the woman is a victim of rape and the guy is thrown in prison for being a rapist.