In this Age of 'information overload', do you often think that the official truths that are fed to us are no more than powerful allusions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmao. You would have to be foolish to believe anything those people say. Please do not kid yourselves. Their interests towards us ate purely selfish. We are the tools that help them get richer. They will feed us whatever "truth" they can to keep us divided. Because together, we could crush them and all the nonsense they have created for their profits. I don't know why anyone would listen to them, and I wish we could do something. But alas, people are too focused on the lies and division.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope... just look at this site. The amount of people on here stupid enough to believe shit just because it's "not the media" (which doesn't make sense) is mind numbing. You'd think that in an age where we can find out almost anything, people still can't learn shit. No shit, I actually had to get into an argument over what libertarianism was because he didn't believe me despite when I told him I studied politics, gave him graphs on a 3rd grade level and explained it to him like a 7 year old cause that's about how advanced my vocabulary is... and he still insisted I was wrong 😑

What Girls Said 2

• No. I think that some, like the unemployment figures, are made up because nobody knows what the truth is, and others, like the number of juvenile (under 18) immigrants arriving from Calais are made up because the government knows the truth and they don't want you to know. Whenever you hear an official figure, ask yourself how they could possibly know and who has an interest in lying about it. The BBC Radio Four programme "More or Less" does a good job of exposing official untruths: outside the UK, you can listen to it on BBC I-Player.

• You need to stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

www.scientificamerican.com/.../

Gulf of Tonkin? Operation Northwoods? Iran Contra? You are the one drinking Kool-Aid. Blindly disbelieving all conspiracies is just as stupid if not more so than blindly believing them.

And to go off on just one more tangent, you posted an article by Scientific American, very prestigious, highly credible, bastion of scientific and journalistic integrity. Publishing articles on the mental disorder of conspiracy theories, of questioning official stories put out by known liars and criminals. Yes, what's their agenda?

www.scientificamerican.com/.../

sustainabledevelopment.un.org/.../Agenda21.pdf

thetruthwins.com/.../Agenda-21-Map.jpg

This is what I think of when I hear people making fun of conspiracy theory and conspiracy theorists, and calling it all "crazy, kooky, whacko tin-foil nutjob stuff."

www.thecommonsenseshow.com/.../

publicconspiracy.wordpress.com/.../

I think about thousands of children every year being kidnapped and funneled into a giant global pedophile ring where they're bought and sold and raped and tortured and killed, and people try to blow the whistle on it and die, investigations get squashed, and it's all made possible by people who think conspiracy theory is silly and nothing like that could ever happen. And that's what they always say, "Somebody would blow the whistle, somebody would report on that!" Yeah, they do, and then they're debunked, discredited, and disappeared. Because everybody knows conspiracy stuff is just crazy. Don't look into it, it's crazy. Those crazy conspiracy theorists, they say crazy stuff, like, you know, I don't know, but it's just CRAZY!

What Guys Said 16

• Oh, Jesus Christ... The meteor/comet cannot get here soon enough.

Every day, I become increasingly more thankful that I did not have kids thus sparing them from rampant idiocy.

I swear, I think God just considers us as a beta test for future work.

• I think we can adapt somewhat like take for instance the American election I would read mainstream media (Anti Trump) then read Pro Trump sources and pick a point in the middle as approximate truth. I would do the same process if anything important or consequential came up information wise.

I think it is more in general rather than specific. Life has become very Orwellian with the cynicism that abounds

• Of course. When lying gets you what you want then lying is inevitable. Media requires people to watch/read that means they need to have you listen or watch/read to what they have to say. Telling the truth isn't going to do that. Everything is fine isn't going to get you to tune in but claiming terrible things are happening? That's going to get you to listen real quick. Politicians need to compete with each other to get what they want so are they going to tell you that their opponent is not all that different from them? That all the problems society has can usually be resolved by society itself rather then changing the laws or are they going to say their opponent is a liar and crook and they can solve all your problems for you? Also for the society when a politician or person in power tells them they will resolve all their problems without society having to change any of its behaviors or telling society that its responsible and it needs to change which one will be accepted? Its not now that this is going on this is the human condition. That's why you analyze and read and learn as much as you can so as not to get taken in by it all. That also means analyzing your own actions and thoughts since people also feed themselves misinformation if its convient, if it helps reinforce a behavior that is beneficial to them yet detrimental to others.

• i think they are often allusions only some are powerful allusions

the truth is out there and easily accessible probably more so now than ever before. however, i think too many of us are spoon fed information that we accept as truth without any confirmation. we have to accept that most of the media is bias so when we are given information, even if it goes along with what we want to believe, as intelligent consumers we need to confirm it.

The greater worry is the subtle distortions- take education where it is celebrated how more have access to it in the last 20 years but a greater truth is the 'dumbing down' of society this has achieved. With greater numbers as well as special needs kids included to teach the standard of education drops. To factor this in, curriculum levels are watered down allowing teachers to cope.

In the end it allows powers that be greater scope to do insidious acts for the populace hasn't the smarts to see their ploys or care to question

couldn't agree more. we've made education more accessible but it seems the education system can't aptly accommodate all those seeking the education that is guaranteed. so far too many are ill-prepared for the world

That wasn't a mistake, i am a firm believer it is premiditated

Look at the States, compare the demonstrations during the Vietnam War against the agenda of the powers that be and compare it to the ambivalence during Katrina. Where the government rather than go help and save its own people focussed on Empirical conquests in the Gulf ( Oil )- I was stunned it didn't cause another civil war

• I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything but I think a lot of what governments tell us is BS. Just the fact that the US has a multi-billion dollar black budget that has no oversight means they can do a lot of illegal stuff and spin it however they want to in the press

Not just blatant bullshit but also a lot of distortion of facts to suit their agendas.

• Most of the truths you see on mainstream media at least for now yes are altered, biased or flat out false that's no secret.

• The global elite control the minds of the sheeple from the day that they are born, until the moment that they die.
    They do it through their monopoly control of what is called news, entertainment and education.
    See, for example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGj92o2OKmQ
    and:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioXg677c82g
    If you want to begin to understand how the world really works, listen every day to Alex Jones at www.infowars.com

• yes and i spend a lot of time researching the truth so i can come on here and be treated like a terrorist loving looney lefty commie nut job.

similar

you will love adam curtis then and his whole take on world politics. let me know what you think if you do see it.

i surely will

• Allusions are way more powerful than truths because allusions are simplistic and devoured by the masses, while truths are complex, requires references, and are not easily discernible.

• Its more like disinformation than information.

• Of you examine Hillary Clinton as a candidate for president yeah

• Well, I can't blame them since everyone's so gullible and naive these days.

• In this internet age of information I know how to spell check...

#illusions

• Not sure what these official truths, on a whole, are supposed to be alluding to. Elaborate on your question, please.

A very broad one- 'The Terrorist Threat' for example

oh, is this about the election campaign and the drama that goes with it?

• The U. S. A has been lying to the public about mostly everything since 1908.
    Go watch Zeigests on netflix.

• Like the hoaxocau$$$t