Are father daughter relationship really all that important in a girls life?

i always hear people talking about how important a father daughter relationship is and is it really that important? or that your father is like your first love and he shows you how to set your own standards n stuff... im not going to lie sometimes i do wish i had a father daughter relationship but then its kinda like im not 5 im older so is it really that important? my dad went to jail when i was a little little girl and from time to time he would write me but then i stopped and he stopped too. i have a stepfather who i dont like but i dont dislike either... his son who is now older use to molest me when i was 8 and when he was 14. and i just now told my mom. my friends and other people always tell me how i may sleep around with other men but i dont even think i really like men they seem like fboys and disgusting immature things... but i know that the being lesbian is something that i dont want to be either.
but the whole point of this was is a father daughter relationship that important or is the word just used wayyyyy to much

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, I'm sorry you went through what you did. Secondly, I think it's more about the bond you two have when you're younger than helps you grow, and the fact that they'd be another person there to support you. I agree that honestly you probably don't need it now because you learned what he would have taught you by yourself/by your step dad. What I will say however in regards to you thinking men are fuck boys, honestly I don't blame you, from your paste experiences you have every right to think that. However, I think if you hold that mindset with all guys you're going to close yourself off to the few that aren't fuck boys and actually care about ya. So while it may be hard, you might want to try to give guys a chance to prove they are fuck boys rather than assume they are.

What Guys Said 1

• absolutely. it is the first intimate example a girl gets of how a man behaves. if a man verbally or physically abuses his wife, the children pick up on it. if the man respects, loves and honors his wife the children pick up on that.

it is very much proven that if a man acts as a bad father abusing his daughter, without some other strong male role model, a can be greatly effect in their later life.

but this isn't only about men. it's parents. having bad parents CAN (doesn't have to) really negatively impact a child's entire life

What Girls Said 5

• It is important. I've had a terrible relationship with my dad. To be fair he probably had the shittiest upbringing himself (I think he was a child of rape) and he as a result never had a dad and never had a good relationship with his mother and as a result he's not a good dad. I'm not making excuses for him but he definitely has shaped me into a person who cannot keep a relationship. I am damaged because of my dad and I seek affection from older men who are often unavailable (either romantically or emotionally). I mentally seek that which has never been given to me and it messes me up. So yeah a father daughter relationship is important and it does shape you I think.

• Yea there important BUT dont think that will make or break who you become! Only you determine your future don't give someone else that kind of power over you!

• ı dont have such a relationship

• nope

• I don't see the big deal. Both parents are equally important.