Whats the importance of the 18th birthday?

What are things you can do once you turn 18? Is it as great as people say or is it just like every other year?

Most Helpful Guy

• The biggest importance is that you are considered legally an adult - in the eyes of the legal system. That means you don't have to go to school anymore if you don't want to. You can smoke cigarettes if you want. You can live on your own if you want. Obviously, certain things about being 18 are great. However. there are also things that suck about being 18. While you have the ability to be "free", you also have to deal with bills (house, car, etc). You also have to be responsible in terms of what's best for you (including deciding whether smoking is worth it, among other things). It's what you make of it and how you manage becoming and being an adult that decides whether it's truly great.

What Guys Said 4

• Becoming an 'adult' in the eyes of the law?

• You can do want without having to tell your parents.

• Well you can drink, vote and buy guns. Those are the big perks here.

• In most countries you are now legally an adult - There is probably not a standout moment but there is whole lot of new openings available to you now.

What Girls Said 2

• Be able to vote.

• Casinos? Hell if I know. When I turned 18 I could my cigarettes but they changed that to 21 now