Why can't I connect with anyone intellectually?

In my school I can't connect with anyone intellectually. I don't want to sound arrogant, but over half the time people barely understand what I'm saying. I feel like I have 0 connections with anyone intellectually, no one really makes me think critically. It's always me doing that. I end up feeling really bored because I have 0 friends in any of my classes. I just want to be able connect with someone intellectually but it's impossible.

Is there any way I can do that?

Most Helpful Girl

• not really, but you can connect with slightly older people +20
    with people your age you just have to talk about silly stuff and when you get to know each other you can have deeper conversations.. sadly it's not trendy to be smart these days 😕

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to learn about people. You're young so maybe there's not a whole lot to learn about other teenagers since they have no life experience. But this is a very important thing that has helped me personally in connecting with people. Learn about them. Even if they are a dumb fuck who thinks putting a condom on their finger will prevent stds. You can be genuinely interested in learning about that person, asking about their life, their past, their interactions with other people and the world around them. If you're truly an intellectual person you'll be able to read into the things they say and come up with more questions or a better understand of that person. We are all humans and we all live our own lives and you never know why a person is a certain way.

What Girls Said 1

• I feel you, not about the no friends but yeah

What Guys Said 7

• Talk to yourself in the mirror and get it all out. Then when you're done go have fun with everybody else.

• I feel the same way sometimes. University is a great place to meet like minded peers who can challenge you intellectually. What kind of things are you into?

• Well... if you like talking about things in particular what are they.

• Simple. Alcohol.

• You might find college is a much better place for things like that.

• Because your age.

• I know the feeling usually most of my class are morons still you have to just accept that and deal with them. Don't look to bond with anyone on an intellectual level. Try to bond with them on a fun emotional one.