Is wanting a boyfriend at 15 such a bad thing?

Ok so I recently just turned 15 around September. And now more than ever I can't stop thinking about guys. Everyone around me is hooking up and getting all these bf's. I have to admit I'm kind of jealous. I've never even had a first kiss and I just wanna explore. It seems like people make dating sound fun and heart warming like it's this amazing thing. I don't want one just to follow others, but because it seems when you have one it's like a person to make you feel special and bring a little fun in your life. I am still young and there's still time to get one. I just want one to try it out (not trying to sound like I'm making the person a product) so I know what it'd be like. I'm not looking for love, but if it happened it's be even more great. Also advice on the best thing to if he tries to move things ahead faster "as in he wants to be sexual". I honestly don't know how I'd respond if that would happen. I'm not a very demanding person and I don't want to be overpowered and controlled. I am not ready for that stage in my life. Not afraid to admit I'm not ready for sex. But you don't need to be to have a boyfriend.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I wanted a boyfriend at your age. Heck, I want one now. The only difference between you and me is that high school relationships do not make it unless y'all live in the same town after high school. College guys and older guys are a lot better. I'm afraid a guy in high school will just bring heartache eventually. Have fun with friends. That's what I did, and it was totally worth not having a boyfriend in high school. Do not regret anything while some of my friends have a lot of regretful relationships from then.

That's actually really helpful. Because as of now my friend is really upset ever since she found her boyfriend cheating on her. It's hard seeing her like that

• It's only a bad thing because you seem to want it only because everyone around you is in a relationship. That is not the right reason to get a boyfriend. I mean, you don't even like anyone, so why do you want to pressure it?

I do like someone. I really admire him, but I didn't know if it was a good thing to pursue a boyfriend. I wasn't trying to make it sound like I just wanted to do it for fun, I want to actually feel special and to make them feel special.

It's just actually seeing it happen around me makes me want it even more. Because I want to feel that love I see others feeling, but it's not because they're doing it. It's because I want to feel it.