Would a kitten make a nice pet?

Or are they a hassle?

Please don't tell me to get a dog instead cause that's out of the question.

• Yes
    86%(12)85%(23)Vote85%(11)
  • No
    14%(2)15%(4)Vote15%(2)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yesss get one why wouldn't u

Most Helpful Girl

• Cats are extremely self reliant. If you want a pet you don't have to walk, groom, exercise, or pay a lot of attention to... a cat is the right choice for you.

You can leave them home alone and they'll be fine (as long as you provide food/water)

They don't demand lots of attention

They'll only ever reach the level of tolerance for you, never love :p

You don't need more than one.

Relatively inexpensive

But there's a distinct cat smell that they have. And it's noticeable. I have 2 cats. And it smells like cat in my basement where they choose to sleep.

Of course... I also have a dog and two horses so... yeah.

• In my experience it's the tomcats that have the string smell, and only if they can't go outside.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• Soooooo worth it. They are basically assholes, but you gotta love them.

• Yes, but you better have a lot of time and patience, otherwise you're better off adopting an adult cat.

• I would get a house trained kitten though if possible

• Kittens are always housebtrained if they were raised by their mother for at least 3 months, but they still have a lot of energy and want to play-fight and chase imaginary prey around all day. They can literally pounce on your face or your feet in the middle of the night for attention, and that stops being cute quickly...

• Kittens are okay but they grow up and are one animal that people are getting as pets and they end up neglecting them so think before you get one.

What Girls Said 4

• Sure but it might be better to adopt an older cat rather than buy a kitten, especially if you haven't owned one before. Older cats in adoption centres need good owners to come and take care of them and what you see is what you get. You could get the world's cutest kitten and it could grow up to be a nightmare that destroys your house or you could go adopt, give a needy pet a good home, and see what its personality is like right from the get-go in the centre.

• yup it would

• My cat is a living nightmare. Will never have a cat again.
    Snakes are great pets.

• Why? What does ur cat do?

• Sell her/him?

• I got her at a shelter about to be put down, she'd be right back there

• yes they r good