Which European country should I go to?

So I'm planning on going to a country in Europe during the Christmas break with friends but we can't make a decision. So has anyone got a suggestion?

1mo No scandivian countries please because they are too similar to Norway (and I live there).
☺️☺️

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 21

• Wintertime… winter sports… mountains… fun Christmas markets and Christmas culture (the country where Silent Night came from)… spas and resorts… awesome local beers and wines… most people you'll encounter speak good English…

I am going to Austria for Christmas.

• Go skiing in Switzerland!

• Being from Norway - I would go for a bit of sun - Maybe Southern Italy, Southern Spain, Malta or Cyprus.

• France or Germany for the Christmas markets! I would love to go to Germany just for the food.

• Spain and Italy is very nice, also a lot of history is there.

Those are countries to visit for the summer..

I would love to go to Russia but I'm not sure about my friends.
      😂😂

LOL you should ask them, Russia would be a great place to go.

• I hear hawaii is nice

• As south as possible because in winters, the northern part can be depressing as hell with only a few hours of daylight.

• All!

• Norway😝😝😂😂

Spain?

• If someone in your group speaks German, then I'd suggest going to Germany. Though I don't know much about Europe, just that Germany has the most pleasant sounding language.

A few of us do but Germans are good at speaking English anyway.

• Don't go to Spain. I just came back from there and it's kinda sad. Maybe France is a better option, but yes lot of immigration there

I've already been there a lot of times, but I've always liked it there.
      Why didn't you like it there?

Very superficial kind of place, without any soul, I think I should have visited the rural part more instead of big cities

• Denmark😊

• the third time is the charm ;)

• Italy or Spain

• go to spain xD it´s warm there for a change :P all the others will be quite similar.

Spain isn't warm in the winter though.
      Haha

it´s definitely not as cold as most other european countries :D for example here in germany it´s 8°C now and in spain it´s 22°C

That's true!

• Romania.

• Visit saint petersburg. Lovely this time of year. Dont forget to try a rum soaked rose petal paczki.

• Iceland. Bring a jacket, but the landscapes are incredible.

Iceland is technically not in Scandinavia, but I guess you'd like to go to mainland Europe. In that case, I'd like to go to one of the Baltic nations, personally.

I live in Belgium myself, and I've been to the Netherlands and France.

• Italy

• Hungary its great there

• Belgium ^^ !!

What Girls Said 13

• I loved everything about Scotland when I was in Europe about two months ago. The people there are so nice and didn't care that I'm American and the country is stunning. Unless you love the cold like me, I don't recommend going there during the winter. Personally I've always wanted to go to France but I wouldn't want to do touristy things. I will probably just take like one picture of the Eiffel Tower and that'll be it. The food is supposed to be amazing and people in the countryside are much more pleasant than people in the city. Also I would love to see the Paris Opera House, it's said to be the most beautiful building in the world and the musical, Phantom of the Opera was based on it.

Yes, Paris is definitely a beautiful city and I wouldn't mind going there again.

I did some research. I think Amsterdam would be awesome to see in the winter, Japan looks like an unexpected but good choice, same with Ireland and Germany, Belgium and Italy look magical in the winter. I would definitely do some research because so many countries have different and unique festivals and traditions for Christmas.

• The Netherlands, @aurora_v
    Safer than Many countries at this Time.
    And Wow.. Another "Second" Surprise to my Eyes. lol
    Good luck and Be safe!! xx

Stay clear right now Of Paris, Begium, Greece and even the UK is sort of unsafe with ISIS causing Havoc. xx

You can ask me question if you're interested.
      But I'll keep that in mind!

lol!! Okay, hun, sounds fair enough. xx

• Come in Georgia and spend winter in Caucasus in highest mountains of Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5imZlN0EllU

Best cities to visit in Winter are : Bakuriani, Gudauri, Mestia ( full of old castles high in the mountains), Bakhmaro.

Ohh and you should see Tusheti. That's heaven especially in Winter.

Looks beautiful and I've never been in that area!

Yep, plus, Georgia is visa free for all other European countries and prices are not that expensive, you will have a good time here without spending much money :)

• not being creepy, but what country do you live in at the moment? Because most people like to have a contrast to their home country when they go on holiday to experience something different and it also depends on what you want to do. Shopping, I'd suggest bigger cities like London or Paris. If you want to go to the beach, places like Greece/Cyprus are still warm at this time of year. Honestly, if you want to go to tourist attractions any European country has tonnes of the stuff

• I really want to go to Amsterdam, so I guess I'd say the Netherlands? :P

• I would choose Greece because I would love to see Athens, an ancient city that has been around for 7,000 years! And it wouldn't be too cold even in winter.

• italy

• Switzerland
    I believe that's in Europe

Yes, its is.
      I've been there in the summer. I wouldn't mind going there again.
      ☺️☺️

• Where have you been already?
    Go to hungary

Uhm
      Sweden, Denmark, England, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Greece and Portugal.
      But I don't mind going to a place for the 2nd time.

yea austria and hungary together are good to see

• Iceland

Iceland is beautiful but probably a bit too similar to Norway...

• All of them! And take me with you please!!!

• Ireland is my fav go to! But Greece would be an incredible get away

• Go to Spain.