Is drinking a moderate amount of alcohol good or bad in your opinion? Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• still bad in my opinion
    Living with someone who is an alcoholic has made me completely detest alcohol

Most Helpful Guy

• both are bad because it doesn't let us filter out ugly people

What Girls Said 4

• It's cool as long as you're not one of those asshole drunks.

• Alcohol has actually been proved to have positive health effects if you drink it once a day. It reduces the risk of heart disease,

• Drinking in moderation is okay to me, jus enough to feel good but not enough to be an alcoholic

• Ummm I don't know you have to know your limits and it depends on the person

What Guys Said 17

• Alchohol has 2 potential positive benefits: 1. aiding digestion (specifically wine) 2. Lessening stress (in order to relax)

When using alcohol always be aware of your limits and never put yourself in a position where you will lose control of your consciousness or actions as you will almost always regret it later.

• Bad. Alcohol increases your estrogen levels, suppresses your testosterone levels, and if you drink enough you'll turn into a woman. Not literally into a woman, but you'll grow boobs, retain water, you'll voice will become more high pitched. You can drink a little bit, but 20 drinks a month is too much.

• Moderate amounts of alcohol have been shown to have some health benefits. However, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages by far. For example, according to a recent study, alcohol is linked to 7 different types of cancers, Diabetes, Cirhossis of the liver, hypertension, heart disease, stroke... and the list goes on and on.

• I have heard it is but a very moderate amount like a half glass to a glass of red wine a day.

• It's found that about 2 glasses a day for men and 1 for women is a moderate and "healthy" amount of alcohol intake.

• It's okay to drink some but not a lot every day. Men aren't supposed to drink more than 2 cans a day and women aren't supposed to consume more than 1.

• i dont drink alcohol its bad for your testosterone.

• For me, it's straightforward. Completely forbidden.. for this very reason: "you cannot define moderation".

Same here.

@jakebrake7 glad to know that brother. And I take pride in the fact that I never drank even a sip of alcohol in my life and don't have any intention do do so in future.

• as long as you stay in control of yourself it is fine

• depends on the frequency xD at a party where everybody does it, it´s totally acceptable.

• It isn't good, but not really bad either. Long term effects of reasonable amounts are insignificant.

• I read an article in Mens Health magazine that there are benefits in moderation...

• Drinking wine once in a while has shown to bring some benefits.

• I don't think that's bad.

• Good. I do this as well It has to do with the blood flow or something.

• Define moderate in your case