Who am I really? Should I get a sex change operation?

So I never go anon but I am now for obvious reasons.
After looking deeply at my life and how much depressed I've been (cutting, drugs, etc.) I finally realized why. I always felt like a man and I was never allowed to express this. I'm living my first week as a man and I've never felt better.
Would you get an operation and complete the process?
Please no antagonistic responses

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope people who get the sex change operation are 79% more likely to kill themselves after because they find out that it won't solve any of your problems. Go see a psychiatrist they will help you out more than a operation ever would.

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually just did a research project on this in my human-sexuality class. What I learned was that those who decide to do a 180, later in life regret it. It was like 80something% later wished they never had the operation. As for the depression and the cutting and all, that's not healthy. Been there, done that. You need to seek help. Anyways if I were in your shoes, I'd do intensive research on the procedure and the risks involved. Also wait a few months, and actually ponder the consequences. For some, it's just a fad. For others it's what they needed. So are you using this as an excuse, or do you honestly believe in what you're about to do. Before getting the procedure really look into it. And once again 80+% later regret having the procedure done.

Well I now identify as male and I've never felt better my depression symptoms are much less and I feel so much better. I stopped shaving and got a men's haircut and started wearing mens clothes and I feel much better. Like I feel I was freed from someone else's body.

What Guys Said 9

• I believe that not being able to accept yourself is a symptom of deeper psychological issues stemming from insecurities.

I suggest you learn to accept yourself and all your masculine traits as the person that you while also accepting the fact that you were biologically born a woman. It seems like you've already taken the first step by accepting the masculine part of your personality. Now all you need to do is accept your physical part as well along with all its benefits and challenges.

There are plenty of women who would be jealous of your ability to act masculine and there are many cases where that kind of attitude can be used to your advantage. I think ultimately you should be happy with who you are and stop trying to satisfy other people who may have pre-conceived ideas of how women should act.

• I used to believe that people with gender issues were mentally ill, but after reading more about it, I have come to the conclusion that it is real (to the extent that anything we *think* is real). There is a long complex process, with many checks and balances in place, to assist people with this issue. If you feel that you are a male, and that being a male would make you happier, then you may as well proceed.

• if you are a guy you will stay a guy
    if you are a girl you will stay a girl
    no matter what you do

• Get treatment for your depression and other mental illnesses before you do something irreversable. There is a pretty good chance you just think you feel like a man as a coping mechanism.

• If you were not born a normal male, you will never be one. You might get a sex change operation and DHT and or testosterone injections for the rest of your life because you have no testicles. Also your clit will enlarge but it will never be equal to a full normal adult male penis size. Also you would still have a vaginal opening and you would still won't be able to pee from your penis and you would have no sperm so you won't be able to have children.

I probably won't do that operation but I will have my boobs removed. I really want to be as close as possible to a male because that is who I am.

• You need to do whatever makes you comfortable and follow whatever your heart tells you , listen from with inside of yourself.

• I am curious what is something you can do acting like a guy that you couldn't do acting as a girl

I got a men's haircut, I stopped shaving, I started wearing men's clothes, etc. but it's deeper then that. I changed my inner identity to a male and I now feel like a male.

I would highly recommend a Christian psychiatrist who obey's the laws of God... over the laws of man

• You're deceiving yourself. God knew you before you were born, and He made you the sex that you are for a reason. Please don't tamper with it. :)

God was wrong when he made me then because I may not be a male but I am definitely not a female

I don't believe in God all that happened in my life there is no God out there he would've heard one of my thousands of calls

I just prayed for you... I hope that it helps you

What Girls Said 3

• Wow. Have you been evaluated by a professional? That's a pretty big change.

No I haven't been yet should I go do that?

I think that you have to-to have be considered for surgery. But If you are convinced, you should take the road that makes you satisfied with yourself.

• If that's how you feel most comfortable go with it bht first try it for a longer period before you make a definite choice

• If you feel like a man, I suppose. But it sounds a lot more complicated than that.