Do you get ASMR when stupid people try to explain something to you (or at all)?

For those who dont know, ASMR is a pleasant feeling that some people get when they hear various noises. It's like a tingling in your head. It can also cause goosebumps on the back of your neck and back. There are a lot of youtube videos people make, trying to get other people to experience it. Some of them quite weird or sad. Others pretty cool. Whispering is a big one. Reading a book by whispering gets me.

I get it around kids or stupid people with IQs of kids. I feel like it's some evolutionary thing or something, because my brain seems like it just shuts off. I used to teach 3-5 year olds how to swim, right. Back when I was 15, 16. And sometimes, a kid would start talking complete nonsense, and my brain would just shut off, and I would just be enraptured by what they were saying. Hypnotized, almost. So, I wonder if it's like an evolutionary trait to make a person pay attention to children's needs or to aid in bonding or something. But then people get it with all kinds of stuff, like tapping or whispering or scraping. Or maybe its because a *person* is making the noise. Maybe it's more just an evolutionary thing to make you pay attention to what other people say when some trigger goes off in your head denoting listening as important for various reason. or maybe its a complete biological fluke. I dunno.

But. When stupid people or kids are trying to teach me something that I already know a lot more than them about, I get tingles. And normally, I just want to tell them "yeah, I know dude. Here. this is how it actually is." But when I get that feeling, I just STFU and listen, enraptured, completely focused on what they're saying and completely satisfied listening to them. do you get it? what do you get it from?

• I get it when stupid people try to explain something to me.
  • I get it when kids talk, sometimes.
  • I get it, but not from those.
  • I don't get ASMR :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I get it, but not from those.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 3

• i get pleasure only if they are open to learning something... otherwise its just frustrating and that doesn't feel good at all

• I just start falling asleep when people talk to me.
    My chemistry class, which is lecture based and takes place in a large cylindrical concrete room that likes to echo and reverb is not going well.

• I use my anger management techniques.