If your friend was depressed, would you want to know? Please Read?

PLEASE READ!!!
I've been like this for years now and I've tried my best to get over it. Always thinking that it was all In my head and I'll get over it but it just happens a lot and I can't help it. Today I couldn't even get out of bed.

I have marks on my body and my friends have seen it but they don't say anything about it. They asked about it but then quickly dimiss it when I give them a bull shit excuse. I regret it and I'm never going to harm myself ever again. I promise. It's gotten bad lately but I will never hurt myself anymore.

Nobody knows how I feel. Nobody asks. It's better like that I guess. It still hurts but I can't reAlly bring myself to talk about it. I reach out to people I know when they're upset over a break up or anything else.

But i I was talking to a close friend of mine about someone we both know. She was going through a break up and I reached out to her. I talked to him about it and he told me this.

"No one likes sad people because they bring sad vibes to us. And then we try talking to them, they don't want to.."

that just makes me feel like a burden if I ever open up to someone...

Most Helpful Guy

• For me personally, I enjoy giving my two cents and hearing people out. I am not one to get depressed as I tend to think from a very rationale point of view so I don't get what you're (or anyone else is) going through personally, but I do many people who have gone through similar things and I do like to help. I'd rather listen to as you say "sad people" and help ease their burden, rather than them take it all on by themselves and potentially never get out of that mindset of sadness.

That's really sweet of you. I had a guy friend of mine who complained to me about his best friend. He said he was too much of a burden because he was always sad. I just don't want to be one to people. But seriously thanks for being a sweet person and commenting :)

Dude, seriously you're the best. Ahhh thank you. I would let you get back to your essay. You better finish it!! Haha education comes first but I would like to take you up on your offer when you're free thanks again!!:)

Yeah no worries! Just feel free to send me a message and I'll help out. Thanks and have a good one!

Most Helpful Girl

• Depression is a hard burden to carry... because it is often only really alleviated by others carrying the pain with us... Empathy is not the cure, but it does being intense relief... Kind of like relieving fluid pressure from a wound, after its built up...

I'm sorry that your friends are the kind of people who can't handle sadness... but not everyone is like that... I had the same problem with my boyfriend... and we ended because of it...

By the same token, some people handle it extremely well... I have a very close friend I talk to when I am sad, and I always feel better after I talk to him... he is such a blessing...

Finding someone who relates can help IMMENSELY... but so can getting professional help. I don't know what your story is, or why you're self-mutilating... but it sounds like you're gonna need some help breaking the habit... Have you considered seeking a counselor?

If it isn't home issues, antidepressants might be an option... I'm supposed to be on antidepressants... but I struggle to pull myself to take them :/

I really do understand...

Follow me first, lol so I can

Aww seriously thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Hopefully I form bug you and you can always talk to me when you need to :) followed you back

What Guys Said 3

• I would want to know if my friends are depressed because i would want to cheer them up and make them feel happy, matter of fact if I see anyone depressed I would want them to be happy because everyone deserves to be happy and I would try my best to help out anyone who needs it. I also suffer from depression and hold it in but I feel as if I tell people they would also think of me as a burden. So since I know how it feels I don't want anyone to have to feel that way and keep them happy.

I'm sorry you're going through that too. I hope it gets better. They say it does. You seem like really kind sweet person. If you ever need to talk I'm here :)

Yeah I hope it does for the both of us. Awwe Thank you.

• I'd want to know if my friend WASN'T depressed! How else could I remedy the situation?

• "would you want to know" ? i mean if it isn't obvious then you aren't good enough friends. you can only not know if you dont ever see each other

Yeha you're right. I mean not all my friends have seen it but yeah most have.

nobody will talk about it because they think its not their business. they dont want to invade your personal life. if you want to talk about it, you need to be the one to bring it up. and you should, because talking about it is important.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes I'd wanna know, so I can help them