Why do we preach cigarettes cause cancer?

100 smokers. It says 6 of them will have cancer. Was it born as an ego thing, a marketing thing? Who here smokes?

1|0
4|5

Most Helpful Girl

• Cancer has carcinogens in them and that is what is cancer causing agents. cigarettes alone won't just cause cancer. What we eat, our diet and environment does as well. Not just physically but spiritually too. It is not a marketing thing. But the reality. It depends on your genetics and immunity as well. My grandfather ended up with heart and lung problems after being a chain smoker throughout his whole life. He died this summer, and had prostate cancer. He was warned and told many of years to STOP SMOKING. His doctors told him that he is extremely close to developing cancer because of his habits. My aunt who retired as a nurse, now has COPD from working two nursing jobs back to back and smoking cigarettes. She now has to take heart medication and an asthma medication because of her choices. So while the statistics vary from person to person. Its a lot to consider, and life styles effect it as well. Most people who smoke are amongst those who didn't lead or live healthy life styles from the beginning. Some grew up in broken homes, others started smoking either by stress or peer pressure.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• As someone in the medical field, my professional medical opinion is that you're an idiot.

3|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Well... They Can Cause Cancer. Hazardous to to your Health. Read the Box.
    I have Family and Friends who are Suffering the Repercussions now Somehow. One has to have Vascular Surgery in his leg because it is so Clogged and the Other is on an Oxygen Machine.
    Sums it up in One No Neat little Package that Ciggies will Get you one day, in One Way or Another.
    Good luck. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just because WHO implies that every cigarette pack shall have that warning, it's not a marketing thing, it's a way to try and motivate people to quit smoking but some of them are just indifferent about their health.

1|0
    0|0
  • Op is a smoker

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Well they can cause cancer, not to every one of course but they do increase the risk. That said alcohol is more dangerous then tobacco. However the fact is it can increase the risk of cancer as it does put carcinogentic compounds into your lungs which themselves are very sensitive tissues due to the obvious fact that they are designed to absorb gases so they are at higher risk then if you where to say ingest tobacco products or sniff them etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • marketing thing? Haha ehh no, it's a fact. And it's a warning to all who buy it

0|0
    0|0
  • you are ingesting smoke
    so yeah it's stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • pointing out a fact is not preaching

1|0
    0|0