What do you think of Dobermans?

I just read this awful story about a girl and her step mother in Michigan. Their old doberman had died of cancer, and they went looking for a new one to fill the void left by the old one. Some guy, dropped off the new dog and within the hour, the little 4 year old girl, tried feeding a naturally mean dog, and the dog bit her neck, killing her.

Obviously, the dog needed to be trained, and the original owner didn't tell them it's still very aggressive but, at the same time, they took in a stray, which can be dangerous

What Girls Said 3

• I adore dobermans. This story is absolutely tragic, but I hope people don't use this as fuel for more breed banning. I didn't hear any background or information on the dog but clearly he was not right for a family with small children.

• I love dobermans <3

• I think they're fine if trained properly. The same can be said for all dogs, though. It just is worse in these cases with dogs that are more stubborn and aggressive to begin with.

What Guys Said 0