Could I change work hours avail. In the early stages of the interview process?

Applied to large animal shelter in my city yesterday and got a call today. I was asked how many hours I would prefer to work a week and I said 25hrs or more. I should have left out the or more part. So she gave a full time schedule and it's sun, wed, thur, fri, sat from 8am-5pm, that is 9 hours and I didn't realize it at the moment on the phone. For my in person interview could I change it and say I would rather work part time hours? How do I bring it up? Do you think a potential employer would be OK with this? It's just that 9 hours is way too much and the most I've worked in a day was 6 hours and that was a bit much to handle.

What Guys Said 1

• Unless you are in school or have some other obligations I would suggest getting used to full time hours.

What Girls Said 2

• I think a lot of employer prefer full time but will accept part time. That being said if a lot of people applied and you started they might not be up to it. Full time obviously suits them better
    But I mean why is it you want 6 hours? Are you going to college still? Because 8-5 (8 hours + 1 hr break) is the norm and if you have nothing else going on you better get used to it

Working long like that is not something I'm used to let alone 6 hours. So I would rather work 6 hours, because after about 5 1/2 I can barely focus much. Not only that but it's a job that involves a lot of standing, cleaning etc. Involving animals.

• you could try it. or, if you don't feel comfortable about it, you could try the schedule out, and then change your hours later.