Why do some people stay in relationships that they know are toxic?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes that's just all they know or all they feel they're worth. A lot of times people just don't want to be alone so they'll deal with the toxicity of that relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because being alone is the worst of the two outcomes.

What Girls Said 1

• I was in one, I was very insecure, I hated myself, I had no confidence, and I thought no guy didn't like me or care for me because I wouldn't have sex. So he came along and took advantage. I thought he was amazing until after 1 year he totally changed he emotionally abused me and he was flirting with other girls and cheated on me, we had a lot of arguments and every time I said I was going to break up with him he said that I will be alone because no guy will want to date someone that is ugly and fat. Of course I believed him and stayed with him, luckily my friends helped me realize that it's not healthy what I'm doing and they helped me break up with him. Everyday he texted me and called and leaving voicemails apologizing and then the next voice mail he's calling me names and trying to make me feel bad. He finally stopped and 3 years later I was finally happy again and met someone and of course my ex found out and tried to start something and my boyfriend cussed him out haha and threatened to kick his ass if he tries to talk to me again.

What Guys Said 1

• Their heart is ruling their head.