What do you regret in life, what would you say is an accomplishment?

For me, being gullible and letting people take advantage of me. Accomplishment, graduating and being in college.

Most Helpful Guy

• My biggest regret: I used to suffer from anorexia, and starved myself for 3 weeks at a time for a whole year (last year). I've recovered, and I'm eating again, but it destroyed all of the muscle mass that I had, so now I'm struggling to build muscle again. It also may or may not have stunted my growth (I'm 5'6).

My biggest accomplishment: I have massive savings for my age. I had 10,000 in the bank (from almost 8 years of saving), and spent 5,000 on my Jeep Wrangler, with 5,000 still in the bank.

Most Helpful Girl

• I regret doing what my family wanted me to do, instead of what I wanted to do. I should have made my own choices.
    And I guess I don't have any accomplishment to talk about.

I am curious what you did that your family wanted you to do? The reason why I am curious is because in certain countries and in certain cultures parents put a lot of pressure on the children to do certain things in life.

Wow that is horrible. How bad of them to make you think that you are dumb. I do know people who grew up that way and they really had a difficult time changing the way they see themselves. I wish you great success!

@ArrowheadSW Yes, it was horrible. And unfortunately, I still have to deal with them.
      I know what you mean. I'm having an hard time trying to change the way I see myself. It's not easy at all.
      But I know I will get there. I've been worse.
      Thank you!

What Guys Said 20

• I regret ever getting married. There were a lot of things I did as a youth because I felt that I was supposed to do them and they would supposedly lead me to happiness. Some of them were correct. I went to college, l focused on my career, I got married, I had children. My education, was a good idea because it helped my career, which was an incredibly good idea. I know money isn't everything but I made $410,000 last year and I can tell you that my career choices (and particularly, the financial gain that came with it) has allowed for some incredible experiences. I was ambivalent about children but I had two daughters and wow, talk about life changing. I never thought I wanted kids but those two girls are easily my proudest accomplishment. However, getting married was just stupid and a waste of time. If I could do it over, that's probably the only thing I'd remove in my life.

• Last October I ordered a costume online a week and a half before Halloween that cost $50 with free shipping. It came a day after Halloween, UPS charged a brokerage fee of like $15, and the costume made me look like a Gay Stripper so I can't ever use it. That's my biggest regret in life. My biggest accomplishment is probably being realistic about my problems and what not.

• Regrets? Being too open minded to criticism as a young adult. It led to bullying and being taken advantage of in the workplace. I think they figured if I would pay attention to criticism, they would criticize me for anything.

Accomplishments? Graduating from college as a medical professional. Making wise investment choices. Not having debt.

• I said it here many times: I regret not having done anything to be with two girls I liked many years ago. This brought the accomplishment: I learned my lesson and I never regretted a third time.

• Regrets:
    - Not joining the military when I was younger
    - Not adequately maintaining some friendships
    - Not spending more time with my mother before she died

Accomplishments:
    - Being the first in my family to graduate college
    - Having worked on projects for the military that saved soldier's lives
    - Reaching the upper branches in my career

• Regrets? Not pursuing obvious relationships when I was younger.

Accomplisments? I'm at Uni now and I got here all on my own.

• For me being too nice and not knowing when to be tactful. Accomplishment, is having a career doing inspection for power plants.

• i regret waiting too long to tell my best friend how i feel about her, and losing my chance, as well as letting her take advantage of my feelings. But i also take it as an accomplishment that i am such good friends with her.

• My biggest regret is that I waited too long to get married and
    have my own little family. My accomplishment is losing 150+ lbs.

How old were you when you started a family? I was dating a woman who was in the military when I was 39/40, and she was 38. She wanted to start a family then. She was almost ready to finish 20 years in the AF. I thought it was too late for me, and mainly I'm not that interested in it. (Although I really liked her.)

@ArrowheadSW I never did start my little family. I was 42 and my wife was 45
      when we married. I was ok with it then. I'm not ok with it now. Frankly, I resent it
      and I'm not quiet about it. My wife and I agreed not to have kids. She had two
      boys from her first marriage. I'm probably leaving her for a much younger woman
      that I can have my OWN children. Being a stepfather is the emptiest most lackluster
      experience I've ever had.

• I regret that I am not born in a rich family. But my accomplishment is that I have made myself worthy to accept challenges and thrive because of my education , knowledge and intelligence along with my experience.

• Not really sure I would use the term regret, since everything I've done up to this point has made me who I am today, and I like who I am today (even if a lot of other people don't because I speak my mind).

Are there things that I wish I hadn't done, and would change if I could still remain who I am? Yes. I wouldn't have gotten married.

Accomplishment? Hm. Honorably discharged Marine vet, engineering degree, one of two cool uncles, probably saved a life or two (hard to know when what COULD have happened, DIDN'T happen). Have taught useful skills to probably over a hundred people. I think I've been a good supervisor to the guys that have worked for me. Most of them have given me compliments, a few have told me that I'm the only foreman they've ever had who actually took the time to make sure that their pay was exactly right, even going back and fixing things from before I was there.

Shit, I don't know. It's said that we're our own harshest critics.

• I regret everything about my past. My personality and everything. I'm struggle with women because of my past.

Accomplishments:
    - got 2 university degrees, 3 diplomas, golden key member, escaped South Africa and live in Australia am doing well in my company. I'm hosting directors on a cruise ship in May. Big responsibility.

• regrets : my anger, and the things i done in anger.
    accomplishment : i dont know, because i never had any

• Probably taking so long to start things in my life, exm. Starting on goals, learning certain things etc.. accomplishments, being baptized, turning my life around, straightening myself out, few other things

• I regret dating women. I should have listened to my younger self.

• I regret not eating but my veggies as a kid

• i have regretted only once in my life when i sold my music enstrument cause i needed money to go to the US..

• only fools have regrets.

• I regret not killing myself as a teen because I was right, it only gets worse, and the greatest accomplishment I've managed thus far is not peeing on the toilet seat but still leaving it down.

• Accomplishments: I have none

Regrets: Letting Parents choose my career and Not being clear about my feelings to the love of my life :(

I am really sorry. I think no1 is the worst thing that parents can do to their kid. :(

Yes, I mean respect there advice and input but at the end of the day it's our decision for life. I can live if I make a mistake, but to pay for a mistake that someone forced on you sucks :(

their*

What Girls Said 1

• Sometimes I am tempted to regret but I try not to cause all of my ''sins'' made me less judgmental towards people.