I sent a message to someone on Facebook - it has been marked "sent" however I saw the person was online a few times since?

I sent a message to someone on Facebook last night - it has been marked with the white circle which mean it has been sent - however even if I didn't see her "online" (like I didn't see her avatar with the green light on the chat box) but next to her name It says "last seen 25 m ago"

shouldn't my message been mark has 'delivered' since she has been online?

What Girls Said 1

• Some messages don't go through apparently. There's been loads of stories of people seeing messages months after. In the news because it was things like dying family members trying to get contact to see them one last time, or letting them know somebody had passed.

What Guys Said 2

• Facebook has a FAQ about this. White-filled circle means sent. Blue filled circle means delivered. If their avatar is shown, it means it was read. Unfortunately, this means that she may have muted you so that your messages don't go directly to her main inbox. Otherwise, the message would have been marked as delivered (or read).

• Dude if it's a girl, they have twisted rules about what is polite. Apparently they think it is acceptable to read a message and blank a guy. It just happened to me by text. And that was a friend as well!