I'm an introvert and need tips on surviving the biggest news years Eve party in America?

Around new years my family is going to new Orleans and my parents are dragging me to the biggest new years Eve party in the US. I already don't want to go. Any tips for survival?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been to New Orleans quite a few times for Mardi Gras and/or NYE, and Bourbon Street is going to be PACKED. As in, it can take 30-40 minutes just to move a single block (and the blocks aren't real big there) when the party is raging at night.

My advice is: walk around and see things during the day, and at night, once you've eaten dinner, stay in your hotel room, because if you hate crowds, then the very last place you'll want to be is on Bourbon - and the rest of the Quarter isn't a safe place to be, especially for a lone female.

Bring your phone and your computer and stay in your room.

Oh, and if you DO venture out on the street, I *strongly* recommend you bring your oldest, crappiest fully-enclosed shoes, because the only place where walking will be remotely possible when the crowds are full is in the gutters, which will be full of food, vomit, alcohol, and other sewage, along with layers of plastic and paper cups and other trash, making it super slippery and absolutely nasty. You'll want to throw those shoes away rather than try to salvage them.

I brought nicer shoes the first time I went, and ended up throwing them out. Every time since, I've made a point to bring old, nearly worn-out shoes, and I toss them in the trash before I leave the hotel the last day.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hide in the bathroom, that's literally my best survival stratagy

What Guys Said 18

• I'm a self confessed introvert. So is a lot of people, it doesn't mean you can't socialise, it just means you can find socialising tiring. President Obama is one example and he obviously had to overcome this. Find some people that you enjoy chatting to, try and avoid large groups if you can. You're going to have to learn how to deal with this in your life as it will effect everyone you surround yourself with, communicating in workplace, relationships etc. Try and avoid engagement speakers. Engagement speakers are people that talk but don't listen and talk over any silence or conversation lulls that exist. This creates one sided conversations where it may make things awkward if you can't get a word in.

• just enjoy your time there it will be fun , sounds like an exciting city to visit during new years eve

• Introvert doesn't really matter when it's a city wide party, nobody will know or talk to you everyone is here to enjoy fireworks and some food probably.

• Sneak in some shots? lol. I don't know, that sounds a bit terrifying to me. Maybe you'll find another introvert hiding in the shadows and y'all can be friends lol.

• New Orleans is the shit. Also, it's traveling... who's against traveling? I'm introverted, but if you can't have fun in New Orleans, you can't have fun anywhere

I just don't have fun at parties in general. I was invited to loads of parties in high school and turned down every one.

I might try faking that my stomach hurts or something and that I need to go to the hotel room.

Cool. I'd just go on bourbon if I were you

• Run away into the bayou and live among the alligators.
    Then gain alligator powers and use them to fight crime.

• Stay close to the wall, I dont know much about new years parties even though I went to a nighclub myself one new years eve. Biggest waste of my life. I didn't drink, but the atmosphere just wasn't fun.

• Been there, its actuallyreally cool. I'm assuming you're talking about the French Quarter, not a specific party?
    Its not that hard to get out of the crowd, and unless you're like 6'8 you won't realize there's 100,000 people there.

• Prep yourself by trying to be alone as much as possible beforehand. It helps me when I need to be around people for extended periods.

• Liquid courage.

She's too young for the old dutch courage

@Waffles731 She's 19 close enough if your old enough to go to war your old enough to drink a nice glass of scotch, whiskey or *shudders* beer, whatever.

• Confidence. Insecurity and introvertedness is DIRECTLY related to confidence. You just need to be more confident with yourself

• drink and be calm and enjoy

• oh thats easy. I got u.. When u feel the anxiety, just think about me and you'll survive

• I wish i could go but im too poor lol

• Don't express any emotions too much... Including boredom... Guys like a challenge

• Don't drink a lot.

• Stay near people you know, don't drink. Hide in the toilets or something.

• Then don't go. Simple as that. If it's not your thing then stay home or go do what you want to do.

What Girls Said 1

• All I gotta say is, STAY CLOSE TO THE WALL 😂 Ik the feeling I'm an Introvert as well.

good one :o

"STAY CLOSE TO THE WALL"

That doesn't work well in the Quarter. The walls are covered in piss and vomit much of the time, plus it's often raining which washes the filth down the wall, AND people will crush you against it.