He's getting really salty over losing a game but keeps insisting on playing?

So my friend has been a fan of the game Touhou. If you don't know what that is, it's a bullet hell game where you can play 1v1. So the thing is... he loves this game and has been playing it for a long time, and I started playing it today and I kicked his ass. Many times. After a while he got really salty, I can hear in his voice he's about to cry, and I can tell he's not trying anymore. He just stands there and barely attacks me, but when I call him out on it he pretends like he's not actually trying to lose and he says he just sucks. I know that when he actually tries it's a fair duel but he just seems to want to lose to complain about himself. I said if he wanted we could play something else, but no, he keeps insisting that he wants to play this game. What is going on here and what should I do?

What Guys Said 2

• Sadness when losing to a game when he played a long time but you beat him on it, the only thing you can do is probably stop playing for awhile.

• Hits too close to home. Feelsbadman.

What Girls Said 1

• Just say you don't feel like playing anymore for now because you're bored of it or something, and he'll get over it and be back to normal soon. He probably just feels a little embarrassed or hurt since you beat him so easily on day 1 and yet he's been practising for a really long time. It'll be fine!

Yeah, it just really sucks because I love playing this game and I have no other friend to play it with

I know, but if he's being so sensitive and annoying about it there's not much that can be done :/