Is it self hate if I feel uncomfortable around black men?

I feel bad about feeling this way. But, whenever I walk past a group of black men I always feel so self conscious and intimidated. I don't even feel comfortable around my black male family members. They always make remarks about my natural hair and my dark skin. They keep saying that I look like a burnt African (I love my African features so idc). I used to date a white guy but the black guys at my school kept bullying me about it, so now I just date black girls. I feel like I'm self hating, though

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't sound like self hate. It sounds like you were made uncomfortable by some black men, and now you're associating those feelings with all black men. I don't see how this will be ok in the future... try to befriend more black males and then you'll break the negative associations.

What Guys Said 10

• It might be self loathing, but it might also be a reaction to something that has happened during your life.
    Or, it could be a rational reaction to the disproportional amount of violent crime that is committed by young black males.
    If you go to the website of the US Department of Justice, you will see that the roughly 3 per cent of the US population to whom the description 'young black male' can be applied commit 85 per cent of serious violent crime.
    Before the social justice warriors have a cow, I will remind them that figure is the official statistic, as published by the US Government. If you have a problem with reality, take it up with God, not me.

• Shouldn't that be called racist? Picture a person of another race saying that... yep, that's called racism xD

• Well blacks account for more than half of all murders in the United States but make up 11% of the population, so not really.

• Who cares what the dudes think since you prefer girls.

• This is exactly why I refuse to group my self in with black dudes. When it comes to like social issues and all, I claim black but I just can't get with how these coon ass niggas are. My dad is black and is a fucking coon. Lls, this question got me shitting.

• Don't let the white devil influence your ways.

• I think you are hanging out with a bad crew. Those black people don't seem very nice. There are nice and mean people regardless of race. It is best you identify and cut them off.

• You ant self hating, you like what you like. There are tons of white girls who feel the same way around white guy.

• it's a self-habit... change it

• No, I don't like a lot of white people and I don't consider it self hate...

What Girls Said 8

• Lol stop making yourself the victim, it isn't self hate and you shouldn't pity yourself for that, its hate towards black men and you should pity yourself for being racist. Yes, some black people are bad, but same thing with white people, Indian people, Korean people, you name it. Its the person that makes them who they are, not the color of their skin. And unless someone is giving you weird looks or acting sketchy you shouldn't feel intimidated like that, you need to stop judging a book by its cover.

• Of course not. Those are good REASONS for feeling uncomfortable. You just do you. You will find a black guy who likes you for you.
    Just be sweet and somewhat submissive and dont get an attitude like some black women and how they are so hellbent on being a "strong independent black woman." Guys tend to not go for abrasive women who have that kind of attitude. So if you don't have that attitude you won't need to worry about finding a good man.

• nah, i think that's why i am like that too. my dad used to brag about hispanic women and actually cheated on my mom with one. and as for one of the female commenters, yeah, i am independent because i was raised to be that way, no male was a male figure for me growing up. i may not sling that around everywhere i go but i am proud of the work i accomplished on my own.

• Nah, I don't feel uncomfortable around black guys at all.

Would you be uncomfortable around a 16 year old black boy who's 5'4 has dreadlocks, he giggles often and likes planting flowers. He's a good cook too. - would you feel uncomfortable around him?

• No you're not. Those people are mean and are the real self haters.

• You got problems

We both know that black men in general don't treat women that way and you're generalizing your own people. I'd say that yeah, you are self hating in a way. They are too. You all are in a big self hating cycle.

• I think so, because you are stereotyping based on skin color.

• why do you feel so?