Would it be illegal for African countries to give black Americans instant, free, citizenship?

If they offered it, could we just go? Hypothetical question. I really do plan on moving to Ghana, though

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• Dunno but you won't be accepted as eagerly as you think. Africans still will view you as an American.

Most Helpful Guy

• The US already done that are failed. It's called Liberia and was established during the "back to africa" movement whereby black people that wanted to return to america could do so and were provided funding to be able to do so. Liberia used to have a well functioning country. The africaans that returned enslaved the natives and brought crime there.

What Girls Said 3

• Africa doesn't belong to black people. Africa is the source of all people, by your logic it should be a free for all for everyone.

I think a few genetic changes have occurred over the last 20,000 years but sure

@john52461 The point is he isn't an African person. He is an American person. His country and his people are Americans not Africans. He has no connection to Africa so to expect African countries to just take him in because he's black is not only retarded but completely ignores other races of people who are actually African. Meaning born and raised. Africa is simply a place, no race of person belongs there. Race and culture are two completely different things and Africans can be of any race.

• Yes, I think so. Because you need to fulfill an amount of requirements in order to become a citizen of any country.
    And in this case, people who went there, wouldn't be doing that.

• Lol look at the comments 😂😂😂😂😂

What Guys Said 3

• I mean... if they give it to you, then it's legal, but they have no reason to do so, since black Americans (most of them) were sold legally (legally as in back in the day legal xD) so why would they give you a free citizenship?

• Yes, it would be legal and would not cause a conflict with the US government. That said I don't believe it would cause an exodus of African Americans to Africa since most countries in Africa aren't that wonderful to live in and/or don't have welfare systems so surviving without a job isn't an option and if you can secure a job in an African country of your choice you could get a work visa and emigrate there right now under existing laws, so everyone who can and wants to leave has already left.

• Take them back, yesssssss

The caves are waiting for you too, buddy