Why did Allah in Islam ONLY make the truth knowable of Islam if we know Arabic?

Islam is supposed to be a religion that Allah made for all mankind. But the majority of the world do not know Arabic, I heard there are only 100 million speakers of Arabic worldwide and the Quran that is stated as being perfectly preserved is written in classical arabic. Arabic that only 10 million people today know and other arabic speakers have difficulty understanding.

For example, non classic arabic Quran's are wrong because only the original can convey the quran, others become errors.

Most Helpful Girl

• Um wtf? Arabic is one of the most spoken languages in the world. It's the native language of more than 300 Million people. And all Arabs understand classical Arabic, it's the one we use in our studies and any formal text.

The issue is, there are over 7 billion peoeple on the planet. Even less people know classical arabic and muslims claim that if you find errors in non classic arabic text that it doesn't count because it isn't the original.

"Raphael Patai, in The Arab Mind, writes that the difficulty in understanding the Qur'an extends not only to the non-Arab Muslims, but to Arabs themselves:
      The unschooled, who form the majority in most Arab countries, speak a local, colloquial dialect which is so different from literary Arabic as to make it appear almost a foreign language... They have their own language, which is adequate for all their needs and which is the only tongue they know, apart from a few verses from the Koran which are in literary Arabic, and which make them aware of the existence of a literary language that is greatly different from their own idiom (p.196)"

According to most muslim scholars, most muslims cannot understand classical arabic, it is like an English person instantly

recognising the English that was spoken by shakespeare much worse worse. The quran is claimed too have been Allah's revealed text unchanged but has been translated multiple times, in the 10th century was translated from kurdish.

The reason most muslims today that DO know arabic speak modern arabic is because arab was a very new language at the time of muhammad and still developing. It would be very archaic to keep that language but supposedly it was perfect and most muslims don't speak it. IT doesn't seem like the quran was a book meant for all people with such restrictions

Most Helpful Guy

• Truth seekers won't be stopped by language

I'm an engineer and all my books are in English and it's not my mother tongue

What Girls Said 3

• Because in the Quran, it's written that He sent to each nation a messenger who speaks with the tongue of his people. Jesus spoke Aramaic even though it's not a worldwide language nowadays, why didn't you question that? All the texts you have were translated into Latin and then to other languages. Does it mean God was mistaken when he sent Jesus?

• listen that man started a cult and it turned into what it is today, by the way if you don't believe in Jesus you can't go to heaven its in the quan... the quan also says Jesus was perfect, didn't sin, did miracles, walked on water the same exact things the bible says.. so why the hell is that man calling the most perfect man to walk the earth a LIAR Jesus came before the quan and said he was GOD and the QURAN is calling Jesus a liar. sounds ass backwards if you ask me.

basically everything the bible says about Jesus is true except for the one main important thing? okay. the dude was a Looney. sorry to break it to you. you can not deny Christ and still make in passed the gates either you believe Jesus died for you to take your sins away and you ask him for forgiveness or you go to hell.

by the way about the errors any book being printed is going to have errors the actually bible itself has no contradictions people just don't know how to read it, understand it, and comprehend it.

yeah, i know islam doesn'tt make any sense. muhammad made it up

• Because Muhammad was some batshit crazy dude hearing voices that decided to start a religion. And here we are with so many psycho followers of Islam. How fitting.

What Guys Said 5

• The language doesn't matter as much as Muslims insist when it comes to conveying the meaning of the verses. I have read much of the Quran and I know people, ex Muslims, who read and speak Arabic and English. They insist that it's not nearly as different as they make it out to be and the vast majority of people that make that argument are just parroting it since they can't even read it in it's original language.

• You mean just like how the bible ( original ) is written in ancient Hebrew.

• Trust me the truth is knowable to non Arabic speakers

no it isn't, other translations cannot capture the full original

That is why, when we (non-Arabic) speaking people read the Quran In Arabic and read multiple translations AND Tafseers to understand as much as we can. And it's a continuous understandimg and studying process. And trust me, when you keep reading, you keep developing a knowledge oglfthe Arabic words and thay also helps.

Why was it is Arabic? Because the people in those areas were all Arabic speaking. Do you think Moses and Jesus were given the book in English? They were also given the book in the language of the people in those areas at that time.

@Omar5881 I am addressing this to the asker, not to you :) just for the record. I just wanted to use your comment to explain.

• Well my language isn't Arabic so I read its Turkish version. As far as I know Bible was originally written in Latin language or something like Italian but today everyone can read it in their language.

no, the bible was written in hebrew for the old testament and ancient greek for the new testament.

According to Muslim scholars, if there are any problems with the quran, we have to rely on the classical arabic one because non classical arabic ones all have errors.

Well I don't know about classical or modern Arabic, the thing is I have Turkish version of Quran and I won't learn Arabic for that :D

Well I think those scholars are Arabs so yeah its normal they will come up with something like that. But the truth is they were Arabs actually ( Yezids) who changed Quran, a guy named Yezid changed Quran and added some stupid things in it. Yezid was an asshole Who murdered the caliphate and announced himself as the New one. After that a lot of things changed in this religion. There are still correct words in Quran but at the same time there are a lot of mistakes Yezid wrote himself.

• grow up! you read the false and Quran translated in almost every language, as Islam born from Arab its in Arabic otherwise no need to learn Arabic language, those verb you read is in Arabic, this is what with every religion.