What do you know about Sri Lanka (country) [read description]?

1. Have you ever heard that there's a country called Sri Lanka?
2. If you ever got to know, how did you know?
3. Have you ever visited Sri Lanka?
4. If so why?
5. What do you think about Sri Lanka?

1mo Thanks everybody answered :) I'm from Sri Lanka and it's a wonderful country as you all said. I'm so happy that you know my country and found my country is awesome. Cheers!!

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Yes.
    2. Reading, I first came across the name of the country in a book but it only touched on it briefly so then I started doing my own research.
    3. No and honestly I don't think I ever would however the pictures are stunning.
    4. I honestly am not one to travel. I am in the US and I can't see wanting to go to another country besides maybe Canada and it's because it's not too far, friendly, and very liberal like myself-lol.
    5. It looks absolutely gorgeous. and the history is just amazing

Most Helpful Guy

• was in Galle recently, beautiful country with lovely people. The food is amazing and I love the cricket the play

What Girls Said 9

• 1. Yes.
    2. Through beauty pageants.
    3. I haven't.
    4. It's far away and transportation's expensive.
    5. It's a country near India and a country that has spicy foods! I'd love to taste the country's cuisine :D

• 1. Yes. My Mom's bestfriend went there with her husband and one of my good friends is from Sri Lanka
    3 Never visited
    4 I don't know haha there are many countries I haven't visited.

• 1. Of course
    2. I went to school.
    3. Not yet.
    4. If I will, it will be on tourism.
    5. I've never been there and don't know much about it. I don't even know what's the cuisine like, so I don't have a formed opinion yet.

• 1. Yes
    2. I learned about this in two ways: First, we had a lot of Tamil refugees coming to my country from Sri Lanka. Second, because in first grade in Switzerland you start learning world geography in school.
    3. Yes
    4. Because I want to visit as many countries on this planet as I possibly can.
    5. They have the best food ever, amazing tea, a wonderful culture and a beautiful country.

• -Yeah.
    -My Aunty went there and bought me a beautiful jewellry box from there too. Plus, Siva from the wanted is half Sri Lankan.
    -I've never.
    -My Aunty said it was very nice.

• Yes I know of this country, I've known since I was little. I watched a documentary about Sri Lanka one time (a few times actually). I've never visited or considered but if anyone's offering me a free trip...😅 Jkjk

• -An island below India
    -Tons of history
    -Was known as Ceylon
    -Their flag has a lion on it

Not really that much history.

A bunch of tribal shit until Europe took it over, then gave it back after World War II...

Same as many other places

@BigBallerSodaPop I don't really care what it is. You may be a loser who has no history. But people has real history knows what is it and proud of it. Sri Lankans had a great developed civilization when Europeans wandering naked around shitting themselves... :D

• 1. Yea
    2. Geography
    3. No
    4. ..
    5. Its a small country just below India:)

• 1. Yes
    2. Common knowledge
    3. No.
    4. N/A
    5. It's similar to India but further south.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes i have

First i came to know about it from a map, also a family friend of ours was from there

I haven't visited yet

• 1. Yes
    2. I thought it was pretty common knowledge because it's so close to India and it got lots of coverage after the tsunamis and civil war.
    3. no
    4. N/A
    5. It could be a really great place to visit

• I just heard its name and its close to India

• 1. Yes in December 2004.
    2. Tsunami
    3. Nope
    4. N/A
    5. Island close to India.

• 1. yes
    2. paying attention in school and general interest in geography
    3. nope
    4. hate flying and it doesn't interest me
    5. nothing, don't know much about it honestly. most of what I've heard about it was when the Tsunami happened (2004?)

• A country near India old British colony a hard alphabet and a lot of fruits

• That it used to be called Ceylon, is off the coast of India, and has not contributed significantly to world history

• My neighbouring country... but at faaaaar south...

• Its real name is Ceylon.

Before 1972 it was Ceylon. Now it's Sri Lanka

• Have I ever heard of a country named sri lankan. Dude do you live under a rock?