I have a stupid question?

Do highschool grades, GPA, and SAT scores count if you want to become a model or fashion designer?

Most Helpful Guy

• Fashion designers climb up the ladder by putting out awesome stuff and doing it all the time. Eventually they spread by word of mouth until someone who already works deeply in the industry pulls you in.

I know someone who's like 2/3 of the way done with this and that's also how pretty much every creative job works.

What Guys Said 9

• Plans don't always work out. Worry about your grades and scores now so you have more options open to you later.

• Fashion designer, yes. . . because it involves a course and the better your score the more likely that you will get a place in the course.

• I think that would be the last thing they would care about.

• It still does

• To be a model, no.

A designer, maybe. Although I think with designer, it's more about talent, creativity, and knowing the right people.

• I'm just guessing here but fashion designer I would think yes for sure, you need to know measurements for example etc. I'm sure there's more to it than people think. Not so much for a model I wouldn't think.

• Yes.

• Maybe in some places

• Model no.. but fashion designer i'd say yes..

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, dreams don't always go to plan so it's good to have an education to fall back on. For a designer you'll need a degree so definitely need the grades to get accepted

• Yes it does, people want intelligent models that know there stuff in the fashion industry. So if you wanted to be a model you can prove you know your stuff AND your intelligent by doing a fashion design course. Got to start from the bottom and work your way to the top!

• You should always worry about your grades. These things will go on any resume you have including model/fashion designer and besides you may need a fall back or career change in your future.

But models don't have resumes : P if you're bringing in money to the agency, they literally don't care if you didn't graduate kindergarten

@Bleh-___- the percentage of girls who have tgat kind of ability is probably 1% of the industry. I'm not saying she doesn't but to have extra options would be very wise.

• Well if your going to design school yes.

• Not at all