My girlfriend is pregnant and due to give birth soon but she dose not want me to be in the delivery room for some reason?

well me and my girlfriend are havng a baby and yes this was unplanned but what has happened has happned just got to move forward right so i am very supportive been to all the appointmens and we picked out a name together and the baby is going to have my surname and everything aswell as my name will be going on the birth certificate plus i have even got a job to get ready for the baby and i have paid for most things for our baby been baby shopping together with my girlfriend but she has just came out and told me that i am not to be in the delivey room or the hospital and she will call me after the baby has been born and she is back at home i just dont get it why would she not want me there ok i get in the delivery but the whole hospital and i cannot see my child until she is home with the baby

i mean what did i do wrong i was there and very supportive and everything doing everything i can to get ready for our baby why is she doing this and what can i do about it

Most Helpful Girl

• This may be going out on a limb here but some women are really self conscious about child birth and don't want their significant others to see them in that state. Quite frankly child birth is disgusting. There have been cases where women have shit themselves while pushing and stuff like that. When I was dating my ex I was self conscious about pretty much everything and I remember thinking about giving birth and how I wouldn't want my boyfriend to see me in that condition. Maybe that's the reason. I'm not saying it's at all the same thing but imagine if you had to take a really massive shit and you were screaming and crying and sweating on the toilet bearing it all and then your girlfriend asked to come into the bathroom to give you some support. In a way it's quite embarrassing.

the baby has been born and she let me in the room for everything from start until end and now we are back home all three of us as a family

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think you did anything wrong. Giving birth is unlike anything you will ever see. Perhaps she is just worried you will not like her after you see her in that state (which is ridiculous btw!). I would talk to her. Let her know that you are okay to not be in the delivery room. But that you would like to be there to see your child after they are born. I think that is fair.

Hopefully she comes around. The birth of a child is an exciting time, and you will be eager to meet your little one. I think she needs to let you at the hospital.

• Don't do anything, if she doesn't want you in then you don't go in.

It actually makes it harder for the woman to give birth when her partner is in the room because she is feedign off the emotions in the room, the calmer the poeple around her, the easier it is for her. If her partner is in the room, he's not going to be calm, he will be stressing and upset and worrying and she will feed off those emotions and everyhtign will just get harder and take longer.

So honestly good on her for telling you what she wants, and if she doesn't change her mind, respect her wishes, and wait in the waiting room. Do NOT try to convince her otherwise. You do her no good by being in the room with her.

I just read through it properly (punctuation is a thing, please use it) you DO have a right to be in the hospital.

I still stand by not being in the delivery room if she doesn't want you there, but talk to her about wanting to be there for her and see if you can get her to at least let you see her after the baby is born, before they go home, because that can take days depending on the nature of the delivery.

She is lucky to have you.
      Indeed, it takes a village to raise a child. Get as much support and sleep as you can. :)
      Enjoy!!

@3336PS lol i will try but the baby keeps us up at night lol but i love my two girls and waking up to them is the best thing in the world

• that's weird... you're the father right? why she doesn't want you to be around?

oh i am the father and she had not stopped be going to anything else to do with the pregnancy or baby but she out of now where just said she does not want me in the room or at the hospital at all she will let me know after the baby has been born when she has gotten home and even then she said i can only see the baby for an hour then i have to leave so she can "bond" as she says but what about me

Because he's not the father and she knows it.

• Dude can you fucking learn how to use punctuations? That was a horror.

Tell her you'd like to be in the hospital but you understand that she doesn't want you in the delivery room. It's that simple. She can't exactly kick you out of the hospital.

she said she is not even going to tell me she is in labor but at the start she was like you better be in the room for our babys birth or else but now she is like this i do not understand why

What Guys Said 3

• The baby is going to be the wrong ethnicity when it comes out, and she wants to get your name on the birth certificate before you find out. Once your name is on there, . gov will make you pay Mommy's Party Fund Support. Even if you contest it and demand a DNA test, they are extremely likely to make you pay 'temporary' Mommy's Party Fund Support while you wait on those results. Don't worry, you'll never see any of that money ever again.

i know the baby is mine

Wow, your ability to read five words and create complicated, yet farfetched situations is amazing. You should be a fiction writer.

I'm surprised at your... naivete, that's all.

just cuz you do not trust the women you are with does not mean i do not trust mine

• You hit the jackpot! Now find a bar, get drunk and start yelling "I'M GONNA BE A GOOD DADDY!"

• Not yours.