I'm pretty sure most of us will agree that a KKK Halloween costume is racist not to mention the event where a Walmart had the costumes but then later had to remove them... But what would you say about a Blank Panther one?
My sister has a Halloween party to attend and instead of spending money it'll be home made. Now I will admit that I was the one that suggestea Black Panther costume. Her hair is natural and is already afro and she has a lot of black clothes so I put two and two together and wallah! However now I'm second guessing my idea. I begun to think about the whole Walmart and KKK situation (as I mentioned above) and it made me question whether it's hypocritical, racist, or unfair?
So what do you think and please explain why 😊
- Yes it's racist she shouldn't wear it 🙅30% (3)42% (5)36% (8)Vote
- No it's not racist she should wear it 👍30% (3)17% (2)23% (5)Vote
- Kind of... :/10% (1)17% (2)14% (3)Vote
- Yes it's racist but she can wear whatever she wants 🙌0% (0)8% (1)5% (1)Vote
- No it's not racist but she shouldn't wear it and play it safe 👎30% (3)16% (2)22% (5)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
It depends largely on the intention the person has who wears them... it's only racist if he or she has the intention to make a racist gesture.
And I'm quite confident your sis is okay from that perspective so if she'd like to wear it no issue I'd say :D :D1
Most Helpful Girl
yes its racist0