Popular Vote or Electoral College?

Which one would you select as your choice, if you had to choose one?
Do you feel it's fair that after people vote for who they want for President, some hot shots take over and are then this deciding factor?
I personally think it stinks. Not sure even with that, you can trust anyone after this war zone.

1mo I posted this mainly because along with getting some good opinions, which everyone has here, I saw an Interview from this European summit, where George Soros admitted to being a little bit bias and, had paid someone for Clinton to win, although Trump probably will get this Popular vote, he also admitted. I nearly fell on the floor when I saw this.
If this happens, then I know that Obama was Selected and never Elected. How corrupt and evil can this government go to get what they want and who?

Most Helpful Guy

• the electoral college is stupid.. im in favor of pop vote

Thank u for your smarts, brother.

Join me then in the ground hog ground, where at least people like us don't keep our heads in our own butt's with not seeing the Truth of what's going on in this country, that used to be able to Say the Pledge of Allegiance once upon a time and not get banned from school.
      With Her, no chance now of a conviction was always inevitable anyway. Damn, that's the truth at least, and guess what? I just saw now, FBI has got its warrant to check this out but why? So they can just stand up again like a stand up comic, this Comey and say, "Oh, no proof she did it intentionally."

thanks for mho!!

Most Helpful Girl

• The electoral college needs to go. https://youtu.be/90RajY2nrgk

Damn it... now I have to support it. I hate that pretentious cock sucker 😑

Voting for Trump. It's Clinton that I don't want. More trash coming out as I write this, and our country is crumbling for sure should she get in.
      God help us.

@Other_Tommy_Wiseau Thank you for a Fine performance
      @BeelePepper I like cats.

What Guys Said 12

• Either normalize the population or divide it among regions... if you normalize the regions, you have a system like the current election where a winner takes that normalized region (equal population into 50 regions)... it would look like this
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...3-8a11-72409cb7f07d.jpg

The other system would be to elect based on each region like this map
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...c-8ce5-a90dc367aab3.jpg

With Puerto Rico being the tie breaker in the event it happens

Thank u for this, wise @Wiseau

• I don't think popular vote should even exist on a federal level. American citizens are retarded enough to vote on the basis of the candidate's favorite salad dressing.

For those who actually have the attention span to understand politics, we should elect local/state representatives to represent us in the electoral college, and in turn vote for president at the nationl level.

Our founding fathers had way too much faith in the people.

Well, the founding fathers only accounted for rich white dudes to vote who were generally well educated, so I guess it kinda made sense back then... but then again, given how many "learned" people there are today who seem mind numbingly stupid (take this site, for example), I'm also questioning their logic back then as well 😑

@Other_Tommy_Wiseau S*** was quite a bit simpler back then. I was told there 80,000 f***ing laws in my state alone.

@mostwomenshouldstfu some ignorant people (Not in the know this means) don't get it still or don' want to learn. I see this all of the time here.

• There has only been one recent election where the popular vote did not win.. The electoral college works..

Bush v. gore. Gore backed out because he felt it was unnecessary to continue. The state that everyone was mad at, had Bush's brother or whatever, running it. It was rigged

@thissiteisforpervs Yup. But that doesn't mean it was rigged, you "dangling chad ".

Appreciate input, boz.

• I can understand reasons for both but I think popular vote is fairer.

• I'm not sure about that I would have to think it over really hard

@Iron_Man As intelligent as I have seen u her on the matter of politics, I would think Popular for the People would be in your bag on gag. It is the Procedure itself that I don't like with Interference with Other Americans, is not needed nor appreciate by people such as myself.
      The people who vote Need First cracks, not any help from Someone like big shot Soros who pays his way through life.

haha Oh, ok, my bad. Thought it was pesonal. haha
      Good answer and yes. Bush.

I am upset in now seeing this interview with this soros guy. I think Trump lost but I forwarded this video anyways that was banned from the internet in 45 min, to Trump headquarters.

• You can win the popular vote and still lose. That means you can literally have a majority of votes and lose.

And it can happen without any corruption at all.

Clarification, electorates would have to pick their party affiliate IF they're picked by popular vote.

Oops, stupid Gag character limit and lack of editing tool and my negligence, that last sentence in first paragraph should read "shooting yourself in the foot".

• It's arguable, but it's got to be electorally, because a state or two could control the election process, making us the United State of California.

Thank u for your opinion.

Among the four largest states, the two largest Republican states (Texas and Florida) generated a total margin of 2.1 million votes for Bush, while the two largest Democratic states generated a total margin of 2.1 million votes for Kerry.

8 small western states, with less than a third of California’s population, provided Bush with a bigger margin (1,283,076) than California provided Kerry (1,235,659).

@toototooto Thank u so for your wonderful updates. I mainly am campaigning on gag for Donald and keeping up with the shady new and old news where ever I go. Be interesting to see if I was right with this Sorry soap Soros though, then, would any of us have wasted His or Her time?

• I think the the process is fine, we don't want a pure democracy, that's not what the founding fathers intended

I wonder if the founding fathers had intended, when they died, ever dreaming they would be turning over in their graves, with this Muslim Marxist Trying with every ounce of no human being in him, to Transform this country for 8 hell on wheels and bad deals, into what Mrs. Clinton will have this chance to do before the world finally collapses, and down comes our country, Fore fathers and all, into deeper dirt.

• I don't like the electoral college, but in only one recent election did a candidate lose despite winning the popular vote.

U are amazing. I see we share a lot of the same values.
      How come more people on gag can't follow in your foot steps with smarts upstairs?

• I don't know, nor do I care, all I really care about is seeing the different red and blue states, turn red and blue. I just think that's so cool how that works, even if it's simple, lol

Finally, an Honest John on this site and not a Rude one either.
      Thanks for your input, appreciate it blue.

hahahaha Or U take mine. U drink kool-aid, I drink Truth serum.

Yea, I do, I love that shit, I love both in fact

• The way the electoral college works is outdated. It should be replaced or severely revised.

I don't believe in the popular vote though because I think most Americans are too stupid and uniformed to be trusted with deciding who the next president is going to be.

Good thing we're a republic and not a democracy because if we were a full fledged democracy this country would have burned to the ground a long time ago.

Being a constitutional republic does not mean we should not and cannot guarantee the election of the presidential candidate with the most popular votes. The candidate with the most votes wins in every other election in the country.

Guaranteeing the election of the presidential candidate with the most popular votes and the majority of Electoral College votes (as the National Popular Vote bill would) would not make us a pure democracy.

Pure democracy is a form of government in which people vote on all policy initiatives directly.

Popular election of the chief executive does not determine whether a government is a republic or democracy.

The National Popular Vote bill would end the disproportionate attention and influence of the "mob" in the current handful of closely divided battleground states, such as OH and FL, while the "mobs" of the vast majority of states are ignored.

In the 2012 presidential election, 1.3 million votes decided the winner in ten states.

I understand now, so it is possible

@john52461 Yeah, that would me, homie. And not this blue anon I see u are above here.
      Please, I would enjoy seeing you give ur own opinion separate here, so I can think about who to to give a fair and square vote to for MHO. hahaha

• It should be popular vote. It sucks that however you vote, if there is a slight majority in your state that voted differently, then your vote actually counts against your preferred candidate because of the electoral college.

I agree, blue, Pink think like u. I was never familiar much when it was politics but in the last 4 years of this Muslim Marxist taking over and doing a bad job, I have become very involved to the point where I practically campaign here now with some trollings but not a con catfish for sure, andnot be too Over the brink for sore sports on this site.
      Thank you for your popular vote and u are popular with me. I never knew really, for this once, not doing my homework fully, I guess, some other ying yang gets to decide, so what is our purpose? It is almost like voting for class ass clown of one's class in school.. How weird and unpatriotic, and unfair and so bias, which Sorry Soros admitted in saying, along with his Sinner Winner.:((

What Girls Said 1

• Support for a national popular vote is strong among Republicans, Democrats, and Independent voters, as well as every demographic group in every state surveyed recently. In the 41 red, blue, and purple states surveyed, overall support has been in the 67-81% range - in rural states, in small states, in Southern and border states, in big states, and in other states polled.

Most Americans don't ultimately care whether their presidential candidate wins or loses in their state or district. . . they care whether he/she wins the White House. Voters want to know, that no matter where they live, even if they were on the losing side, their vote actually was equally counted and mattered to their candidate. Most Americans think it is wrong that the candidate with the most popular votes can lose. We don't allow this in any other election in our representative republic.

The National Popular Vote bill was approved this year by a unanimous bipartisan House committee vote in both Georgia (16 electoral votes) and Missouri (10).
    The bill has passed 34 state legislative chambers in 23 rural, small, medium, large, Democratic, Republican and purple states with 261 electoral votes, including one house in Arizona (11), Arkansas (6), Maine (4), Michigan (16), Nevada (6), New Mexico (5), North Carolina (15), and Oklahoma (7), and both houses in Colorado (9).
    The bill has been enacted by 11 small, medium, and large jurisdictions with 165 electoral votes – 61% of the 270 necessary to guarantee the presidency to the candidate with the most national popular votes.

NationalPopularVote

Thanks for your insight and knowledge.