How to remove a hickey?

Oh god, I can't believe I'm asking this question, but I have a couple hickeys and I don't know what to do, I'm currently applying ice on them but what can I do to quickly remove them?
It seems like I'll just have to cover it up with makeup 😐

722

Most Helpful Girl

• These Sadly and Badly Cannot... Be Quickly Removed, @Grace_Rdz
    However, go Out today to your Nearest Store, and Purchase some sort of Cover Stick, Liquid make up Foundation that Matches your own skin, and Apply to these.
    I don't think 'Ice' so Much but the Make up Should be a Hotter Idea.
    Good luck and Lesson in Life. xx

• Thanks, hun, and it worse when living with a parent. Yikes!! xx

• Thank you, dear, for the Vote of Confidence. xx

What Guys Said 22

• can't make them go away very easily. best bet to just use makeup to cover them up

• Make up or turtle necks
    Or scarves!

Hickeys suck! Don't let a guy do that shit to you again.

• He didn't want to, I actually insisted for him to do it

• @NexAngelus bro... you need to relax, I didn't presume anything about the dude who was giving her the hickey. I just said, that they suck and she shouldn't let guys in general do that to her.

• @iFarted Cost vs Benefit
      I think the costs are a bit much, you are right

Aluminum is a lot more expensive than steel

• Just use makeup, though keep applying ice.

• take a tube of lipstick and toss it into the freezer.. after a little while take it and apply it to the hickey and roll it across the hickey until its gone

• A hickey is blood that is sucked to the surface of the skin. I dont think anything can be done about it.

• Your 18 aren't you beyond those yet 😏
    Anyways it's autum and its cold as shit. Wear s cute turtle neck
    I had a girlfriend who used to love to bite HARD (I loved it too) and I'd just steal some foundation and no one really noticed

• Hmm looks like your wedding went well lmao

• (wet) Green tea bag (put it in fridge before and hold it on hickey. Wet cotton with lemon juice and put it on hickey.

• Apply ice. even tooth paste helps. If it prolongs for a long time , applying heat could be helpful.

• Probably makeup but oh well, who care's? I wouldn't think anything of it if I had a hickey on me lol

• The nosey people at my school do care 😐
      And it's different for guys than girls, unfortunately

• Yeah but fuck em', nobody worth your time is going to care. There will be snooty people everywhere but don't let them bother you

• With vinegar and onion

• One or two band aids takes two out right there

• get him to bite u all over ;) perma tan :) . some girls dent so easy lol

• how do you hide a bruise? same thing... since it's basically the same thing

• Yeah cover up is about the only choice you can do for that one.

• Make up will do it.

• Use makeup, it will go away in time. Cortosone helps also. Be more careful next time.

• You suck the blood the the other side. Suck the blood some were else or just cut it out with a knife

• Use warm water

• seaman works from what i heard

• Makeup. Don't allow hickeys in the future.. they are low class and trashy.

What Girls Said 6

• Jesus!! I see some really stupid responses...

"Back in my day" lolz... Use toothpaste!
    Or concealer works, but just rubs off a lot :(

• back in my day we just rubbed it off with spit shin ;) ... see what i did there lol

• Make up and turtle necks and telling your boyfriend NOT to do them are you only options.

• Sadly makeup is the best way to hide it since they need time to heal.

• Lol sadly you can't remove a hickey that fast it needs at least 6-7 daysto be removed

• +1 this, but i have seen some pretty good "cant see me" with makeup. unless u have some really nosey friends anyway who will find out regardless and u are just trying to slow down them finding out? its there, people will find out. do the walk of shame or wear it like a badge of honor ;). is the guy a little shit or do u like him? is the answer to that question.

• I always used a cold spoon to kneed it. 😂

• Well if you have access to medical grade leeches you can get rid of them by apply the leeches to the hickeys. they are actually bruises and the leeches can remove the blood that causes the discoloration. Outside of that make-up is your only option. You could have some attempt to strangle you leaving larger bruises to which you can tell everyone that you were mugged over the weekend.