Do you see any connection between dreams and reality?

Do you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your question reminded me of my uncle's story, when he was studying at high school far from his family. He dreamed that on the weekend when he's getting back to home, it starts to rain, he gets home by a blue bus. It was Wednesday he was ready to get home. He put on his clothes and they all got out of the dormitory. It happened! It started to rain. He hadn't recall the dream but after a short while he did and he was amazed. He told about it to his friends, and he said if the dream I had a few days ago is real, so our bus should be blue. And again It was true. My uncle has told this experience many times to different people.

It happens to a lot of people all the time. It`s amazing

Most Helpful Girl

• very little connection

Like what?

because they can be VERY different to each other or to the way you might have imagined it

What Guys Said 24

• All the time. Most common thought/believe is that its your sub-consciousness that basically try to speak to your consciousness. To make you aware of what you are unawarly aware of. So yeah, you can learn a lot about reality, your life, your situation and yourself through dreams no doubt.

I actually wanted to know if people have dreams about things that they don`t know (something that is going to happen or what others think about them for example)

Depends what people believe in at times, but I certainly had that many times. Where I had a dream that came true, I can't really explain how or why that is possible really, but its pretty interesting some new experiments they have done on the brain recent years which kinda even prove that the brain is psycic in a way. That its electrical field in a way is so so sensitive it can pick up things many people never thought was possible, particularly regarding people you are close to. Like how sometimes someone get a bad feeling, like something bad happens to a loved one, or bad preminitions etc. But regardless, is very very likely when it comes to what others think about them/you. Cause your mind read and store pretty much everything, body language, tiny signs here an there etc, that you can't remember yourself for example or are aware of.

• Yes, common dreams about running from something or falling are triggered by overwhelming stress and anxiety. it's our minds way of attempting to resolve the issue (like running away), ultimately they are just dreams though.
    I believe some are connected with RL events and experiences, but many are just simply the wanderings of a bored psyche.

though I am no psychiatrist, psychology professor, nor did I stay in a holiday Inn express last night.

damn good question though.

Cheers

• Yeah, it's called magic

• Dreams show us what is on our minds, in crystal clear focus. What is terrifying us, what is leaving us in bereavement, what we hope for.

When we fear the future, we fight in our dreams. When we are hopeful, our dreams can be joyous. When we are missing someone, our dreams are so lonely it can break our hearts.

• Yes at times

• yeah, it's called sleep :p

• yes i do because a lot of things we aspire to be come from our dreams.. just look at george lucas or Steven Spielberg

• yeah... it depends on how you pursue them

• Sometimes I wish there were any. On the other hand it would often tell me things I try to forget.

• dreams are your brains way of practicing real life scenarios in a matrix like space, that is not connected to reality at all.

• Not in the slightest, it's just scraps of data being all twizzled and mushed together.

• In most cases, I do not. But I do believe that what we are experiencing in life may be the cause of particular dreams that may seem confusing. That's about it. I don't think that dreams reflects our future visions

• The subconscious tends to do a " weird replay " when we dream , there are messages , directions , even warnings in dreams , that have to be interpreted. So , yes , there is a connection.

• When you sleep you dream. And what you dream depends on what you think like experiences you've had etc... That is the only reality.

• sometimes i do

• The few dreams that I remember are my gateway into heaven. They are few but they are very powerful. However, most times I forget my dreams because they are meaningless.

• Maybe sumtn u dont have in real life, you have in that dream, so it shows u want something in real life, i dunno 2bh. lol.

• I think dreams are a coping mechanism for reality.

• I am not sure a dream is not reality.

• What happens to us in reality can inform our dreams, but dreams are more or less random. They don't predict the future or signify what's going on in another's mind.

• yeah in my dream i saw my girl killing me after she stabbed me and in reality she did... we were hugging and all of a sudden i felt a pain in my back she stabbed in the kidneys and twisted the knife in and i died :(

• Yes... drugs!

• no. it is just your brain's way of resting.. dumping random information out... it ends up sometimes making nonsense dreams.

• I had this dream that there was this kid I didn't like so I had a dream inside that dream where I crashed his car, and then when I woke up from that dream it turned out that it actually somehow happened and I had to go to jail.

What Girls Said 11

• Sure, you dream about stuff that's happened in real life right? But most of the time your brain kerfuffles a memory with lots of other memories and then you get dreams that don't make a lot of sense.

• I think dreams reflect your deepest fears and desires, whether you are conscious of them or not.

• Yeah it's pretty strange

• Yes. Only my dreams are the fantasy version of what I really want to happen and reality is just bland

• Sometimes I have prophetic dreams if that's what you're asking.

Kind of. I mean, if you think that the things that you dream actually have something to do with the others.
      For example, I was mad at my friends because of something that happened on my birthday party but I never told them and one of my friend dreamed that t was my birthday and I was mad at them and I didn`t invited them. I was surprised

• I do. Sometime dreams are just manifestation of things you wish would happen or your mind is trying to figure out what to do in a situation. There is definitely a connection

• There's a whole psychological understanding. Our dreams are a result of our repressed emotions and so on.

• Yes, you have nightmares because you are worried or fearful. You have good dreams because you are happy and hopeful.

• No because last night I had a dream I was in a museum then one dick came at me and it ate other dicks then it formed into a gigantic super penis which turned into an alligator and chased me around.

• I do

• Yes... sometimes... and whatever happens in my dream will happen opposite in real