Can you blow air through your mouth while breathing through your nose?

Only 3% of the world's population are able to do that including the best saxophonists.

Are you one of them?

• Yes I can! 😃
  • No I can't! 😯
  • No but I can blow other things 😏
  • Can you blow air through your mouth while breathing through your nose ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Circle breathing is something that my band director tried to get us all to be able to do. I could never do it lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe you are talking a bit about the technique known as circular breathing. I cannot do that. It's an incredibly difficult technique to learn. It was the source of a lot of jokes and failed attempts back in high school haha

That being said, it's not really breathing in through your nose while out through your mouth in the sense many would think. It's not like the nose/mouth are really breathing opposite directions at any point.

It's instead actually where you fill your lungs through your nose/mouth as normal. Then, as you play, you remain aware of your remaining breath and push the last bits of air to your cheeks. From that, you exhale through your cheeks (as in pushing the reserve air out) while inhaling quickly through the nose. If done correctly, this produces a steady breath of air out.

lol I mostly wanted to get people to breathe weirdly.

What Girls Said 16

What Guys Said 10

• Circulatory breathing. We all had to make a halfhearted effort at it at the Berklee College of Music back in the day. Kenny G has reportedly perfected the technique. Rassan Roland Kirk most definitely perfected it as I saw him employ it.

• Damn you - I have been experimenting for last 5 minutes, I can't do it - I always thought it was a case of training with musicians though when you think about it, you do see them take little gasps of inhaling through the mouth whereas it would be much easier just to inhale through the nose.

• nope, but with the constant breakdowns of the nuclear power plant here I'm sure it's only a matter of time until I can

haha if I were you I would start collecting spiders to make sure in case of emergency you become spider-man, and not cancer-man.

do I have to wear a shitty costume like him? If yes, then I'll choose the cancer

• Yes I can.

• nope. that is hard af

• no but i can blow your dick without breathing #nohomosapiens

• Its easy.

• Yes, but it took me weeks of practice. And I can barely do it.

• I can't 😤

• Yep, I can! Didn't even have to try hard.