Would you care if kids from poorer neighborhoods trick-or-treated in yours?

Would you care if kids from poorer neighborhoods trick-or-treated in yours? Would you give them candy?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think I'd even consider socioeconomic status in giving out Kit Kats.

What Guys Said 14

• No, all kids will be equally refused candy.

If I had sweets around the house I'd be eating them and not giving them away for free ey.

• Why on earth would I care if poor kids went trick or treating in my neighborhood? I use to be those kids and I'll give candy to all the kids.

Besides the kit kat or bag of skittles your passing out to kids I am pretty sure has no concept of social class, creed or skin colour lol.

• If they were from poorer neighborhoods, I wouldn't care, but it'd make me wonder how the hell they got to my town

• why would I care. I would expect it.

• Yes as I planned only enough candy for my neighborhoods kids. I would have to give the other my personal stash. Secondly, if kids I don't know are in my neighborhood my kid is staying inside ir within an arms length.

• I wouldn't care.

• Not at all. You would have to be a real dick to turn away a kid just because he's poor

• What kind of question is this even?

• I don't give out candy to child. I may give out math homework

• As long as they aren't there to steal kids' bags.

• Why would it matter? The kids are smart to do that... they get a shit ton more candy

• As long as they're white I wouldn't care.

• Why should money matter?

• I wouldn't care if there willing to jump the electric fence and tangle with the guard dog to get candy I say they earned it

What Girls Said 20

• Who in this Wicked World Would Know or even give a Hill of Beans?
    I Give to Anyone, hun, Who Would Come to my Door In... Costume though.
    As long as They are Not a Bozo this Year, dear, I will Hand out One piece of Candy in each Bag or Barrel.
    However, I will Not "Repeat" Pete with another Treat, should he Decide... To Take me for a Ride, and come Back for another Piece of Reese's, which by the way, you Need to Watch Kids like this. They will Try and Make a Second Round in Town.
    Too Smart for Them though. lol
    Good luck and Happy Halloween, be Safe tomorrow. xx

• I would be more than happy to give them candy. I would specifically buy candies for them.
    I never celebrated Halloween because it's not part of my culture, but when I moved to France 3 years ago some kids came to my door asking for candy, I felt bad because I wasn't prepared so I only gave them chocolate candies (that's what i had in the house). So since then I'm always prepared and buy candies in advance, I hate seeing excited kids turn sad or disappointed, especially if they come from poorer neighborhood ( I might even give them more candy since they don't get to eat candy often I guess).

It's actually a ton of fun, some neighborhoods go all out for it to, scare children totally redo their front yard great decorations some even get mist machines and stuff. I mean don't get me wrong the original pagan holloween is a brutal and bloody night, but our modern Halloween is tons of fun.

@Phoenix98 We also have our fun holidays :p just different I guess haha! Many Middle Easterns celebrate Halloween and Christmas, especially Levantines, but not us North Africans (except for some people, it's rare, still not part of our culture).

Well I've never heard or seen any evidence of this lol I believe it when I see it which will probably be later when I look it up. it just wouldn't feel like Christmas in the middle east though /= seems just wrong without snow even though Jesus was not born in December and in the desert.

And yeah I suppose so.

• I wouldn't mind. Trick-or-treating is trick-or-treating. I would probably give them more candy tbh because that's probably the only time they get to have some. I use to go trick-or-treating in different neighborhoods, but I wasn't poor. I just didn't want to run into people I went to school with. But no I wouldn't mind if kids who live in a poor area came to my neighborhood

• I wouldn't mind, I see no problem with this. However, it seems as though you don't want them in your neighborhood. I don't know if you're scared that something will happen if they were to come, but your thoughts tell me that you're condescending to the ones from the poorer neighborhoods.

• I probably wouldn't even know if they did. As someone who has grown up in a rich neighborhood and a poor neighborhood as a kid, I would let them. Poorer neighborhoods tend to have higher crime rates and tend to be more dangerous. Just means ya gotta buy more candy for when the kids do trick or treat.

• Why on earth would anyone care about that? Kids are kids. It's Halloween. Kids come to your door, you give them candy.

• No. How would I even know that? Kids usually trick or treat on as many streets as they can. Besides, when I was a kid, we were poor and we went to the richer neighbourhoods as well. I'm not going to turn a kid away from candy. I love handing it out. I only feel annoyed when it's people who are clearly too old to be trick or treating.

• Meh, that's fne.

• No I wouldn't care. I'd happily give them candy, they're just little babies wanting to have fun just like everyone else their age.

• of course I wouldn't care as long as no one was causing trouble, that goes for anyone in any neighborhood

• They do every year... I dont mind kids at all. But I am not going to give an adult candy no matter where they are from.

• No. why would I mind? Of course I'd give candy. The more the merrier what kind of question is that?

• No, I don't check ID before handing it over...

• Why would you care? They are little kids. Neither is more/less deserving than the other.

• Absolutely not. Free candy for all the good little boys and girls. How would I be able to tell anyway?

• No? We get five kids ~if that~ in our neighborhood trick or treating, because it's so small. And they're all from the same family. There's always tons of leftover candy for that reason, so we'd love to get more, no matter where they're from.

• No I wouldn't care, and yes 3 pieces each just like everyone else.

• They're kids, don't matter where they're from, if they come knocking I'll offer them some candy

• um no? why would I care?

• I prefer no kids in my neighborhood. I'll put up with the neighborhood kids...( i go deliver candy to them in the afternoon). But in the evening come trick or treat time, every kid in the neighborhood can take a flying fuck at a rolling donut cuz i am not gonna open the door. I don't care if they are poor or rich or from outerspace.