Suggestions for a 26 year old looking to travel overseas?

I'm 26 years old. I work at a CPA firm and almost have my CPA license.

Money-wise, I'm doing okay. I have student loans and expenses for my cpa exams so I'm not flushed with cash-so to speak.

I've never been out of the country (unless you count a family trip to Mexico when I was younger). I really think it would be cool to travel to Europe and see a bunch of different countries. I see pictures online all the time of these cool landscapes and interesting places.

I don't have a girlfriend. I don't know who I could take over there so maybe I'd go by myself.

I'm just not familiar with traveling that far and in a foreign country, better yet by myself.

Anyone have any suggestions for what I could do, or what they've done before?

0|0
4|5

Most Helpful Girl

• First suggestion, take me. Second of all, Europe is a good choice for someone without travelling experience who's travelling alone. I've been there and you can get a taste of a ton of different cultures and sceneries in a short timespan because like you mentioned, everything is so close together and it's easy to travel from place to place. Also many people there speak English. On the other hand Asia would be a terrible place for a first timer to go, especially alone since in many areas it's not too english-friendly.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people suggested Asia would be a no go since it's not English friendly. But Asia has English friendly areas too. For example, Sri Lanka is a pure Asian beautiful island paradise. I've been there. It has everything that Asia has. Even though it's an island it has very beautiful mountainous range too. So if you are either beach person or mountains person you have your choice. Sri Lanka is a natural paradise.

I don't know how to describe it man. You have to be there. Most of the people can understand English. You have nothing to worry about. Have good level of security. Everyday tourist scams found in every corner of the world are available in this island nation too. But you can survive easily. Great place to start. If you need more tips just ask.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I would say Europe or Japan. I actually Just got back from Japan about 3 days ago and it was amazing. I only pick Europe over Japan because of the language barrier. But the Japanese are very very polite and willing to help.

0|1
    0|0
  • There are tours for singles, everything is organised for you and you'll have English speaking guides. Intrepid, Contiki, Too Deck etc.
    Thr accommodation wasn't always great and some stops were too short for my liking but it was a good taster so I could go back for a long time to places I loved

0|1
    0|0
  • You don't have friends?

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I didn't mention it in the question, I can't see any of my friends wanting, or able, to travel overseas

• 1mo

Your friends sound like fucking retards. I've known people who've gone alone though. Like backpacked through Europe. You need to know your way around tho.

What Guys Said 4

• as for a vacation, I would want to go to Paris. Spend a week touring the city and seeing all of the historic sights/artwork. If I went to Paris I might also try to go to Versailles for a day to see the palace.

If I wanted to move somewhere exotic for work I would want to go to Dubai, which as an engineering student that could be a possibility for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • What you can do depends on where you're going. Why don't you just do a europtrip? As for where you wanna go is your call. If you want a good itinerary, go to a travel agency like AAA

0|1
    0|0
  • I think backpackers is a little trend.
    It is interesting that they built some system for them.
    You can live their home or... etc
    There are hostels beside YMCA.
    I think I will go to Armenia Georgia Azerbaijan
    It is called three little countries in middle asia

0|0
    0|0
  • Try applying for teaching jobs overseas. Apparently, there are agencies that hire anyone with college degree (any degree) and pay to teach English in a foreign country. My cousin spent two years in China teaching English. My buddy lived in Taiwan doing the same.

0|0
    0|0