Where does money come from?

How did we pull off such a way that money actually matters.

0|0
3|18

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Because originally you had to barter goods which was cumbersome and dependent on what the individual you where doing business with wanted. By creating a generic currency with a set value it was easily carried and easily traded you didn't need to carry and exchange cumbersome materials. Checking evolved from merchants, they would exchange their money for a reciept (so they wouldn't get robbed on the road) and would then exchange said reciet for their money at one of the guilds locations which is where checks and banking got its start.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• We used to use rocks as currency.

0|0
    0|0
  • my dad

0|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

why? you're more than 18. you should earn money yourself.

• Show All
    • 1mo

you're adult you need to support yourself and stop being a garbage

• 1mo

you're his dad yeah and he HAS TO give you money!
      he wants you to be independent.

What Guys Said 17

• So you're the type of libtard who thinks that money is the root of all problems and that if only we were to get rid of it, there'd be ever-lasting peace and unity in the world?

Grow up. Without money, civilisation can not exist in it's current form. Money is a natural necessity of an civilisation.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the state, who is in charge of it all. It determines "how much we deserve".

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...8521bc8b5c.jpg

Am I right, @JudgmentDay?

0|0
    0|0
  • modern money from holding gold and agreeing to give it back to who ever had the bit of paper making it easyer to use for trade i guess and makeing the banks rich from the gold that was not reclaimed.
    before than an agreement certain things could be used in trade and early example was carved wheel shaped stones in mayan civilization I know this because i watch perhaps to many documentaries.

0|0
    0|0
  • When a mommy dollar and a daddy dollar love each other very much, they create little coin money's... inflation, baby!

0|0
    0|0
  • Think of it as value for trade. You work and get food, cattle for milk or whatever. Now you work and show you have x amount of value for what ever you want to do with it.

Money actually also doesn't belong to people but the government. Only the value it contains is yours. Each printed note has a cost to government and is not your property. It's illegal to destroy money.

0|0
    0|0
  • People got tired of lugging their things around to trade for other things. It matters because we all agree it matters, and has value.

1|0
    0|0
  • Read this book, it's short, and written for the layperson.

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/.../...RZ6GnEL.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • We use it as a medium of exchange since it is much more convenient than barter.
    The value of money is purely based on faith and the FED's manipulation of interest rates.
    #AuditTheFED

0|0
    0|0
  • It comes from the fractional reserve banking system. The bank loans out 10 to 100 times more money than it actually has, basically creating new money out of thin air. This loaned money ends up working its way through the chain and into your pocket

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a useful way to manage economic power. Every culture has invented it in one way or another.

0|0
    0|0
  • We needed a system that allowed for exchange, and currency became a means of representing value that can easily be traded and handled. It's very efficient.

0|0
    0|0
  • My money comes from my employer, whose money comes from consumers, whose money comes from their employers, whose money originated with the government.

0|0
    0|0
  • Money is wayyyy better than trade

0|0
    0|0
  • Money always mattered. Before money came, we traded with gold, before the gold with cloth etc... Money is just easier to handle.

0|0
    0|0
  • From trees

0|0
    0|0
  • from heaven

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people didn't want to trade anymore, if they didn't want to

0|0
    0|0